{f o u r}

Sal

Addy appears, opening her front door with a warm grin.

"Come on in." She says, waving her hand into her dorm.

"This is very homey," Sofia remarks, taking in the decor. I nod along in agreement. "But never mind that, how was the talk with Cameron?"

"It was.. Good. Really good." She says, smiling to herself.

"What is your definition of good?" I ask her, as she goes to sit down.

"Well, we talked about life and stuff. Had a tickle attack session, he noticed me wearing the ring." She explained quickly.

"Cmon! Give me details! Did you kiss? Did you say the words?" Sofia begins to bombard her.

"No, we didn't kiss. No, not necessarily." She speaks, pulling out her phone. She hands her the phone, and I lean over her shoulder.

It was her and Cam's texts, the first one being Cameron.

"Seriously?! How could he?" Sofia jumps to conclusions, immediately hugging a confused looking Addy.

"Uh, Sof. I'm not crying. And I didn't cry. Finish reading." She says, pointing to the phone.

I had finished reading and started to talk to her about it.

"So what did he say?" I asked, seeing her giggle slightly.

"He asked his mom about this at 11:30 at night, and went to Google for answers." She states, in between giggles.

A little bit of a detour here. I'm really glad she's happy, even without knowing if Cameron loves her back. I mean, time changes someone, but her time was only two days that changed her. She went from someone, who couldn't send texts to her best friend, to someone who is really chill about loving her best friend.

I know some say, "People don't just change overnight." But I've come to believe they do, but only on rare occasions. I mean, it happened with Addy, and she's glowing!

Now about Cameron. I've gotten to know him a lot more, and I have to say. He's different from the guys I've experienced. I'm actually glad to call him my friend. Most of the guys I've hung out with, they would do everything they shouldn't. They smoked, they vandalized, they stole, they messed with the women. They did everything Cameron didn't do.

He loves Addy, even if he doesn't know it yet. I'll have to talk to him. He's most likely more stressed about this than Addy. She's flying with it all, and he's drowning in it.

Okay, end of detour.

Addy looks at her phone, her mom's caller ID showing up. She picks it up, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

When she answers, she freezes. She tenses, causing Sofia and I major worry.

-------

Addy

"Honey, its bad." My mom says from the other end.

I couldn't speak, so Sofia took the phone from me.

"Hello, it's Sofia. Can you tell me what's going on?" Sofia asks, eyeing me with concern.

"C-cam," I said, the tears spilling over.

"Oh my god. Okay, we are on our way!" Sofia says, hanging up the phone. She grabs my hand, and I stand up. I bolt out of the dorm, heading to Sal's car.

------

When we get there, there are two cars. One was Cameron's and another one was someone else's. I wipe away the fresh tears, unbuckling my seat belt.