{n i n e t e e n}

Addy

I sit in front of Sal, Sofia, and Amelia on the carpet in the living room. I can't believe I just did that.

"Wait, so you were saying that you hated him, because he drank your coffee, and then when he was getting closer, you just kissed him?" Sofia asks, repeating what I told her.

"Yes! I don't know why I did that!" I exclaim, jumping when I hear him knocking again. "I can't see him."

"Then you won't. Go hide in my bathroom closet. It's big enough for you, and you'll be able to listen to the conversation." Amelia orders, and I bolt towards her room. It's straight past the kitchen, and Cameron wouldn't expect me to be there.

I quietly open the door, and squeeze in the small space, closing it behind me.

I lean my ear against the door, trying to hear what is happening in the main room.

"Addy, what was-" He gets cut off. "Hi, Amelia."

"What's wrong? What did Addy do?" Amelia asks, and I roll my lips together.

"Nothing, I was just going to apologize for drinking her coffee." He says, and shake my head at his lies.

"Oh, well she's busy right now. I don't think she can see anyone for a while." She makes an excuse, and it sounds pretty believable.

"Okay, well I'll just see you guys later then." He says, and I imagine him backing away.

"Wait!" Sofia exclaims. "We have news."

I can sense her smiling, while Sal holds her hand.

"What's the news?" Cam asks and I can imagine his face right now.

"Well..." Sofia pauses, probably looking around the room.

"She's pregnant!" Sal shouts, most likely a big smile on his face.

"No way! That's amazing. Congratulations, Sofia and Sal!" He says, probably hugging them. "Does Addy know too?"

"She was the first person I told. So, yes she does." Sofia explains, making me smile. I had the privilege of being told first. Of all people, she chose me and I don't know why.

"Okay, well I'll be going now." He said, and I heard the door close. I opened the door, walking out when I heard people shuffling.

"I need to go to my bedroom for a second. Forgot to text Johnny." Amelia said, her footsteps getting closer. When she saw me walking out, she shook her head rapidly. "He's still here. He knows you're hiding somewhere."

She explained quickly, as I heard footsteps nearing. I quickly and quietly got back into the closet, as she ran and jumped on her bed.

"Amelia? I heard you talking to yourself." Cameron speaks, and I hold my breath.

"Yeah, I do that sometimes." She says, trying to sound convincing. There were small ridges in the door, so I could look out at them.

"So how are you and Johnny? Are you a thing?" He asks, walking towards the closet. He leans on the wall next to the door.

"Uh, we're good. I don't know what we are. He's really confusing sometimes." She explains this is no excuse. Johnny is a confusing guy, and for what Tiffany did in her past, I don't blame him.

"Just ask him one day. Once you feel comfortable, that is." He says, and I smile because I told him that once.

He starts to cough, to which Amelia furrows her brows.

"Do you need water?" She asks, and I wanted to yell out so bad not to leave.

"Yes please." He politely answers, coughing again.