{t w e n t y s i x}

Addy

Cameron wasn't lying when he said I had to explain to Johnny, Amelia, Sal, and Sofia why I was standing in front of them in just my bra, while he held my hoodie with a smirk.

That's where I'm at now.

"Oh."

"My.

"Pineapples."

I looked over at Amelia weirdly, and she just cocked her head to the side, sending me a nervous smile.

"Go ahead. Assume until I deny." I allow, and the questions flood in.

"Did you do the deed?"

"Did you do the deed in the car?"

"Is that what took you so long?"

"What actually happened?"

"Thanks, Johnny." I nod to him, seeing as he was actually reasonable.

"It's obvious what happened!" Amelia exclaims, leaning forward from him.

"Look at her face, and her posture. Look at his face, and his posture." He said, motioning towards me and Cam. "She's tense and embarrassed. He's relaxed and quite happy."

They all look at me expectantly, and Cameron waves the hoodie in my face. I snatch it from him, slipping it over my head. He strolls over, plopping down next to Sal.

"So.." Sofia starts. "Tell us!"

"Jeez. Chill yourself." I hold my hands up, sitting across from Cameron and Sal on a singular chair. "I've got two good news and one bad. What do you want to hear first?"

Sofia and Sal look at each other before nodding. "Bad, first."

I sucked in a sharp breath, and she grimaced. "It's your mom, Sofia."

"What?" She asks, astonished.

"When I told her, she flipped out. She called you reckless, plenty of times, and said that I was the one to blame for this happening. I told her that it was a night that you guys needed, and she still followed by saying that you shouldn't be so reckless. She also said you shouldn't have followed her steps." I paused, seeing Sofia nod. She was handling this better than I did. "I defended you from her calling you reckless and she told me to get out of her house. She claimed I was criticizing how she raised her daughter. I firmly told her I thought she did great at raising you, and that you grew up to be an amazing girl."

"Is that all?" She asks, and I shake my head.

"She tried to ask me why I couldn't provide a roof over your head, to which I told her that I would have if someone hadn't already agreed to. I told her that you and Sal were excited, as well as Sal's parents and that she should too. I left after that." I finished, and she sighed.

"I had a feeling she would be like this." She rubbed her temples, no sign of tears. "She always told me to never do what she did. I didn't exactly copy her actions, it was an honest mistake. But I wouldn't change that mistake for the world." She smiled, grabbing Sal's hand in his.

"So, the other good news?" Sal asked, and I smiled at him.

"Your parents. I went to their house, and they both sat down and listened. I told them not to pressure you two, and that you were both worried about telling them this. They said they adored Sofia very much, and I was beyond happy about just that. When I told them the news about the baby, something changed about them. They pushed their beliefs and cared about your feelings. Sofia, you are now welcome in their home, as long as you promise to not hesitate to ask them anything you want. The same goes for you, Sal." I explained, and wide grins broke out on their face.