{n i n e}

*I know the time of day and the actual day of this story can be hard to tell. So, in this chapter, it is two days after Cameron's accident.*

------ (This is the previous day when Cameron found out his brother was the other person)------

Cameron

I stare at him in shock, if I was holding something, I would surely drop it.

"Max?" I manage to get out, disbelief on my voice.

"Cam, you seem shocked. Didn't mom and dad tell you?" He asks me, looking at the nurse.

"No, they said that they-you were recovering and needed some time alone," I tell him, and he gives me a cold look.

"Seriously? They promised they would tell you. I mean come on! You're 18! I think you can handle this amount of shock after what happened." He exclaims, making me shake my head.

Max Parsons, my older brother. He is now 23 years old and still looks like he's 19. When we were kids, we hung out a lot, practically inseparable. When I was 15, he suddenly disappeared. We had no way to contact him, no way to find him. He did leave a note. It said he needed to find himself, and in order to do that, he needed to find himself someplace else. Now, he's back, and the first place he visits is the hospital, because of me.

"Max, I-I'm so sorry," I say, sitting in the chair the nurse brings me.

"Don't be! I'm fine!" He says, looking at the casts. "Well, I'm almost fine!"

"I can't believe your back," I say, getting up and walking over to him. I carefully hug him, making sure to avoid his casts.

"Hey, how's Addy and Amelia?" He asks as I pulled away.

"They're doing good. Amelia is in her second year of college. Addy wanted to check out the campus, so she is staying at Amelia's dorm house, kinda thing. It's huge!" I exclaim, using my hands to express how big it is.

"Cam, is that all?" He asks, and I fear that he saw through my rambling.

"Yes, yeah it is," I say, but this time I knew he saw through that lie.

"Cmon! Tell me, bro!" He says, and I watch the nurse leave. "Okay, now can you tell me?"

"Addy's in love with me!" I blurt out, covering my mouth afterward.

"Cam, that's amazing! Did you tell her it back?" He asks, and I stay silent. "Cameron.."

"I couldn't. I mean, I don't know if I'm in love with her. Mom says I am, Sal probably thinks I am. Now you say I am! I don't know anymore." I explain, sitting down on the seat in frustration.

"Alright, we've got a long story ahead of us. Explain, from the beginning." He said, switching his positions so he is more comfortable.

So that's what I did, I spent hours, until Addy texted me, explaining everything.

---Present---

Addy

Walking down a hallway, seemed a lot more concerning than usual. I was alone, and I had no one to talk you.

I wore a jacket, to cover the tattoo that was healing. I also couldn't let Cam see it yet. I was finally seeing him, two days after his accident. I shouldn't have made him wait, but he has one day to relax, as I did. The second day, he got to wander wherever he wanted. Thank god he didn't see my parents, Sofia, or Sal.

I crossed my arms, lightly, and sighed. It was cold outside, and cold inside. Not okay.

I reached the room. 126 is written. I knocked on the door, seeing Cam's mom, Bridget, open it.