{t h i r t y o n e}

Addy

"Sofia Stone." A nurse calls her name, I follow her, and she grabs my hand.

She had an appointment today, and Sal couldn't go with her. I was more than happy to accompany her, however, I had to cancel plans I had with Cameron.

"Why are you so worried? You've been doing all the right things." I ask her, and she shrugs, chewing her lip.

"Just the thought of something going wrong in my body scares me. I feel terrified for the baby." She admits, turning into the room the nurse directed us in to.

"So, Sofia, how have you been feeling?" She asks, and I sit in one of the seats in the corner.

"I've been feeling good. Just a little nervous." Sofia tells her, watching as the nurse felt around her belly.

"Why is that?" The nurse asks, helping her lay down on the table.

"My thoughts mainly." She says, pulling up her shirt to expose her growing belly. It's been a month since she found out she was pregnant, and she was doing really well.

"Don't you worry, you're doing just great with the whole process." The nurse reassures her.

Sofia jumps, feeling the cold gel on her stomach, as the nurse quickly checked over everything she needed to.

I would list what those things were, but I honestly don't know all the terms and stuff.

------

When we left, Sofia immediately started getting texts from Sal.

She rolls her eyes, turning her phone to me.

"Hey, I missed you. How's the little bean doing? Do I need to faint before you get here, so I don't faint when you tell me? I probably will faint anyways. I love you!"

"He's such a rambler," I comment, and she nods her head in agreement. I looked back the road since I was driving for her, and drove to Sal's house.

"Hey, are you doing anything tonight? Sal's parents want to invite everyone over for dinner." She asks, and I glance at her for a second.

"Yeah, text everyone in the group chat. So they all get it."

"What're you doing after you drop me off? Going on a date?" She asks, dramatically poking me.

"If you call going over to his house, to watch him stare at me, a date, then what is a proposal like?" I giggle, and she gaps at me.

"That's all you guys do?!" She exclaims, genuinely worried now.

"No! We talk, and we mess around. Maybe watch movies, and whatever. We aren't that boring." I explain, and she sighs in relief.

"I thought this relationship changed you for worse!" She says, feigning shock.

"Hey, this relationship didn't change me at all!" I defend, and she eyes me from her side view.

"Name one thing it hasn't changed! But, it can only be between you and him." She challenges, causing me to think.

"Our bond hasn't changed. Like our jokes, the way we do things together." I nod, liking that answer.