{t h i r t y f i v e}

One month later...

Addy

It was finally the time for the gender reveal.

Sofia, Sal, and his parents stood a few feet away, cooing at Sofia's baby boy, Anthony Warner.

My parents talked with Amelia and Johnny, while they stood by the snack table.

Gabriella stood next to Ben, holding his hand while they talked to Tiffany and Max, inspecting the large cake on the table.

Claire and her dad came, and they soon joined Sofia and admired the baby.

I was standing on my parent's backyard porch, smiling at everyone enjoying themselves. I felt an arm wrap around my shoulders, and I looked up to see a proud looking Cameron.

"You know, I should be mad that you already know the gender, but since I get cake, I can live." He says, his eyes cast down on the blue and pink cake.

"I'm excited, for everyone to see the surprise!" I exclaim, bouncing on my toes. Even that simple movement, it was an exercise.

"I think I want a boy, but I'll settle for a girl." He tells me, his eyes glancing down at me.

"If you think that'll get me to tell you, you're wrong." I point out, and he stomps his foot, sighing.

"Cmon!" He whines, and I shake my head, walking away from him.

I walk over to my parents, and my mom immediately embraces me. "Honey, how are you feeling?"

"Excited! What about you guys?" I ask, rubbing over my stomach.

"Impatient, but still excited," Amelia states, she was being honest.

"I have to agree." My dad adds on, and I gape at him.

"Dad!" I exclaim, and he chuckles lightly.

"It's true!" He argues, and I slowly nod in agreement.

"Touché," I mumble, squinting at him. "Alright, get everyone, it's time!"

Amelia runs off, quickly shouting to everyone. "She's finally going to tell us!"

Sofia holds Anthony, while Sal stands next to her, holding his phone. My mom and dad were also holding their phones up, while I awkwardly smiled to everyone.

"Cmon woman! I want some cake." Gabriella shouts, and I let out a laugh.

"Cam's getting a knife, he's going to cut the cake," I explain, seeing Cameron carefully walking out with a big knife. "See?"

"Okay, Cameron hurry up!" Gabriella yells at him, and he points the knife at her.

"Don't rush the man with a knife." He states, a joking look on his face. "Can I get a hint?"

He looks at me, and I smile innocently. "Well, you'll be happy either way."

"That does not help!" He exclaims and walking over to the cake. Everyone watched, and he tauntingly brought the knife to the top of the cake.

"Anytime today?" A voice says, and I almost forgot that Cam's parents came.

"I'm getting there, mom." He rolls his eyes, cutting down into the cake. He cuts it into a slice shape and sticks the knife under the cut slice. I hand him a plate and interlock my hands. I bring them to my lips, trying to contain my big smile.

He looks at me, and slowly brings the slice onto the plate. He watches as the colored candies fall out of the small hole in the center.

"Is this real?" He asks surprise and genuine happiness is written on his face. I rapidly nod my head, and he slowly puts down the knife and the plate with cake on it.

He runs over, hugging me in a tight hug. Everyone shuffles to look at the colors, loud gasps escaping their mouths. I wrap my arms around his neck, the happy tears spilling down my cheeks. He buries his face into my neck, whispering to me.

"I can't believe this, I'm so happy." He whispers, his hands holding my sides as he pulled back to look at me. "I can't believe you knew this and kept it from me!"

"Addy! I'm so happy for you." Sofia screeches, running over to me. She wraps an arm around me, carefully holding Anthony. "Anthony, can you believe it?!"

He smiles up at her, and I smile softly. I can't wait to be able to look down at my own child like that.

Cam's parents, my parents, and Sal's parents each came over, giving me a hug and congratulations.

------

Everyone was still in shock at the news, and I didn't understand why.

They all were super happy, and couldn't wait for me to give birth. Only two more months!

I can't say whether I'm ready or not.

I know some people may ask: Why did you get pregnant with your boyfriend if only three to four months at nineteen?

There are a few reasons.

First, Sofia and I always dreamed of having children around the same time. So when she got pregnant with Anthony, I had remembered.

Second, I knew I had to be mentally prepared for this new addition. After dealing with the old Tiffany, telling Cameron my true feelings, fainting in a hospital lobby, getting a tattoo that reminded me of Cam, and everything that came after it, I knew this was not the wrong choice. However, passing my discovering to Cam was hard. I was nervous and scared. I thought he would think I was crazy. Obviously, it went well.

Although, I hadn't prepared for what I found out when I went for my appointment last month. Even though I was extremely excited, I couldn't lie and say I wasn't nervous.

So when I found out the news, I couldn't tell anyone just yet. Hardest decision I made, to keep the gender a secret.

Welcome the newest addition to the Parsons, Sydney and Jacoby Parsons!

--------------------------------------------------
How's that for a gender reveal? I'd never done this before, but I decided why not.

Twins!