Chapter Fifteen: Fairy vs. Sphinx

~Erza Scarlet~

Erza gritted her teeth as Len's sword screeched against hers.

"Come on, Erza." Len said. Erza growled at him and jumped back, her pants flapping around her legs.

"Why do you do this. You could be such a great wizard, using your magic for good." Erza said, requiping into her Heart Kruez armor. Len faltered.
"I've noticed that you don't use very much of your magic. Why is that?" She asked him that question as she summoned the sword from her Purgatory armor.

"Why do you want to know?" Len asked, his swords clenched tightly in his hands.

"You were there." Erza said and Len looked at her. "The Tower of Heaven. I remember you. You were always quiet and Uncle Rob would try to get you to stay with us. But you never would. Len, you can still change who you are."

"Shut up! You don't know anything!" Len yelled suddenly, dropping his swords and grabbing his head.

"But I do." Erza took a step forward.

"No! Stay away! I'm a danger to everyone! You'll never understand me!!" Len screamed, his red eyes clenched shut as tears streamed out from beneath his lashes.

"Len, please." Erza opened her arms wide, smiling. "Come with us. Come with Fairy Tail." Len looked at her.

"I...I can't..." Erza walked closer to him.

"No! Stay away!" He screamed.

"Len! You can still change your life! Don't resort to killing!"

"I'm already a criminal!" Len sobbed.

"Len, you can change that. Monroe has already been taken down, right? And if I'm guessing right, Halibut has as well. Help us take down Michelangelo. Help us take down Sphinx Paw." Len looked at Erza and dropped his head.

"You were so nice to me, Erza." He smiled softly and looked at her. "I was in love with you. Then you abandoned us." He scrubbed at his face. "It was Jellal's fault. Not yours."

'He's understanding me...' Erza thought and she continued her walk towards him. "Len, Fairy Tail will gladly take you in. Please, join us." Erza held her hand towards him and he reached towards her.

"Erza!" Erza turned her head and Len jumped back.

"Lucy." She said and Gajeel, Lucy, Levy and Lily skidded to a halt in front of her.

"The hell you doing, Erza?" Gajeel asked and Len looked at her.

"You tricked me!" Len said, tears spilling from his eyes. "You're a liar!"

"No! Len!" Erza said and darkness began to emerge from his skin. He looked up, his red eyes wide.

"What is he talking about?" Lucy said.

"You said they would take me in! But here they are, ready to hurt me!" Len screamed, his red hair wiping around his face.

"Len!" Erza screamed and Gajeel turned.

"We gotta get out of here!" Gajeel yelled, grabbing Levy.

Lily grabbed onto Erza and she thrashed against him, acting completely out of character.

'No! I can't leave him! Not again!' Erza thought, her fist pounding against Lily's back.

"Nii-chan!!" She screamed. Blackness shot towards them and the last thing she saw before Lily jumped away...