Chapter Twenty-Seven: The little moments.

~Lucy Heartfilia~

Lucy collapsed onto her bed with a sigh of happiness, pulling the pink comforter to her face.

"I missed you, apartment!" She moaned happily, smiling. She stood up and looked around with a wide smile and walked to her desk, pulling the chair out and plopping down. Her eyes roamed the shape of her pens and papers and...everything and she plucked a pen up with her fingers, grabbing a sheet of paper. 'Might as well.' She thought. She put her pen to the paper and began to write.

Dear Mama

Sorry that I haven't written to you in awhile. Me and the others have been really busy with a job in Zioterion. It's a tiny town, I'd never heard about it before the job. We weren't able to finish it, and we are still working on it...

Did you know that I was going to be the target of so many dark guilds?

This time it was a guild called Sphinx Paw.

Mama, did you ever run into these kinds of problems? They're all after me because I'm a Celestial mage and I keep putting my friends in danger. But....Natsu is always coming and rescuing me. This time....I was able to rescue him!

Why is Sphinx Paw targeting the dragon slayers?

Mama, I don't understand.

Gray, Juvia and Gajeel are in bad shape right now.

The leader also has something against Gray.

Everything is just so confusing, Mama.

Especially...what I'm feeling for Natsu.

I don't want to go to much into detail but...my heart has been racing everything I see him. When we were in Zioterion, he bought a scarf that looks like his. I'm actually wearing it right now. I don't know what's wrong with me...

I hope that we will be able to beat Sphinx Paw. No...there's no hope. I know we will beat them.

Because we are Fairy Tail.

That's what we do.

Love,

Lucy

Lucy put the pen down and read over the note, smiling as she put it in an envelope.

***

Lucy climbed into bed that night after and bath and getting ready. She opened the window and leaned on the sill, resting her cheek in her right palm.

'I wonder what Natsu is doing right now...' She thought. She smiled and laid back on her pillow. 'It's weird not having him here...oh well.' She thought and fell asleep.

***

~Natsu Dragneel~

Natsu and Happy walked past Lucy's apartment.

"We should go get Lucy~!" Happy said happily (Happy. Happily. haha...sorry). Natsu looked up and saw that Lucy's window open.

'Huh...she never leaves that open when she's sleeping.' Natsu thought and his eyes widened as horror dripped over him like hot wax. 'Please let me be over reacting!'

"Happy! Fly me to Lucy's room!"

"Aye, sir!" Happy's paws latched onto the back of Natsu's scarf and they flew up. He climbed onto the window sill, ready to yell her name.

She was laying on her bed, peaceful and serene. He sighed and leaned back, his butt landing on the white window sill and his hands grabbing the sill between his legs. Lucy was on her stomach, her right hand resting next to her head, the tops of her fingers curled inwards slightly. Natsu smiled and tilted his head sideways slightly. A small strand of blonde hair later by her lips, fluttering with each breathe that she took. Natsu reached forward and pushed her hair away from her face, tucking it softly behind her ear. She murmured something and turned onto her back, her face lolling towards Natsu. He watched her nose twitch and smiled widely.

'The little things about Luce are so cute....' His face went red with the thought and he watched her.

"Happy." He whispered.

"Aye sir." The cat whispered back, pulling Natsu out of the window. He shut the window securely and the two of them headed towards the guild.

---------------

Seems peaceful right?

But as Fairy Tail wastes time sleeping;

Sphinx Paw closes in.

Find out what happens next in Chapter Twenty-Eight: Like Phantom Lord but worse.

-Dylan