Chapter Twenty-Six: Apologies and Forgivness!

Chapter Twenty-Six: Apologies and Forgiveness!

~Lucy Heartfilia~

In the end, the group decided to go back to Magnolia in hopes to bring Sphinx Paw along with them. Mayor West had been relieved to see them all alive and was sad to see them go but was happy when he heard their hopes of the outcome of their plan.

The group sat in a small room in the train, courtesy of Mayor West and they were silent.

Gray, Juvia and Gajeel were back in the infirmary cart in critical condition. Lucy had bandages wrapped around the scraps and bumps on her arms and the place were the IV had been in her arm.

Natsu's head was on her lap, his face purple and blue, his cheeks puffed out.

"How you feeling, Natsu?" She asked.

"Arghblargg...." Was the gargled reply and she smiled. Wendy, Charle and Happy were curled up in the corner, sleeping soundly. Lily had transformed into his bigger form and Levy was curled into his side, sleeping quietly. Erza and Len were talking at the other end of the room, their hands wrapped around each others. Lucy smiled and brushed her hand over Natsu's soft hair. Her other hand went to her keys and her fingers wrapped around Loke's key. It felt weird in her hand, melted and disfigured and Lucy thought again how weird it was that Michelangelo had been able to almost destroy Loke's key. She hadn't been able to summon him, he had been the first spirit she tried before Sagittarius, and it was kind of freaking Lucy out.

She sighed and was surprised to see the tear that plopped down onto Natsu's cheek.

"Lucy? Are you ok?" Lucy looked up at Erza's question and nodded. She looked at the bandages wrapped around Erza's arms and legs then at the wrappings around Len's arms. His jacket was gone and only his tank top, pants and boots remained. His long red hair cascaded down his back like Erza's which had somehow managed to grow all the way out.

"I'm sorry...." She said. Len blinked and Erza raised her eyebrow.

"What are you talking about?" Erza asked and Lucy sighed, twining her fingers in the soft strands of Natsu's hair.

"I'm sorry that you guys were hurt for no reason." She said and Len smiled.

"It's fine. We're fine." He said.

"For now..." Happy murmured from the floor.

"Mmhm." Lily agreed.

"Be joyful that we got out of there." Charle said.

Lucy smiled at them and continued to run her fingers through Natsu's hair.

***

"Welcome home!" Mirajane called, waving from the bar. Lucy smiled, Natsu's arm over her shoulders.

"Hey, Mira." She said, helping Natsu into a chair. The master walked towards her and the others, his eyes on Len.

"Master." Erza said.

"Who is this?" Makarov asked.

"Len Carmen." Erza said. Lucy was nervous by the short answers that were being exchanged by the weapon mage and the master. Makarov led Erza and Len to his office and the door shut.

"This isn't going to be good." Natsu said.

"A-Aye..." Happy said.

Lucy sat down at the bar and sighed.

"So where are the others?" Mira asked.

"Gray, Gajeel and Juvia are kind of in bad shape. Wendy, Levy and Charle are with them." Lucy explained.

"Was the mission a success?"

Lucy looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

"Right."

"We were hoping that maybe we could lead Sphinx Paw away from Zioterion. That's why we came back." Lucy said.

"Why?"

"Because there are powerful mages here. Like you and Elfman and Laxus and Lisanna. The list goes on and on." Lucy said, waving her arm above her head. Mira smiled, pushing her white hair over her shoulder.

"I hope that Gray and the others are ok."

"I-"

"Come on, Natsu! Fight like a man!!" Lucy turned at Elfman's shout.

"When did they-?!" Lucy started and Mira giggled.

Lucy and Mira watched as the boys fought, Romeo and Max being pulled in. The dust cloud that formed, the occasional head or limb popping out made Lucy sigh and smile.

'I missed this...' She thought.

----------------

Sorry it's short.

So it seems that Fairy Tail is safe for now.

But the final battle is drawing near.

The ultimate battle will be coming soon.

Read on to Chapter Twenty-Seven: The little moments.

-Dylan