Chapter 29

"Nothing's more painful than being betrayed by someone you trust."
- Annastasia, TDYSG (2020)

THE DAY YOU SAID GOODBYE
(CHAPTER 29)

I felt the coldness of the ground where my body was laying. The place was smelly and I couldn't see anything but darkness. Only a piece of bulb that was placed above me lightens the area.

I roamed my eyes around to see anyone but only a tied girl was here with me. When I recognized who she was, I find my way to reach her but the chain of the collar around my neck hindered me.

"Hailey!" I called the unconscious lady.

My hands ached when I tried to pull them, getting rid of the rope that was tied around them. Unfortunately, I failed since it was tight and layered with knots.

"Hailey, wake up!"

"Annastasia?" I was frozen when a familiar voice called me. When I look at my back, I saw Vince tied up with major wounds and bruises around his body.

"Vince! What happened to you? Why are you here?" I tried to go beside him but the chain is too short to reach his distance.

He looks weak and pale. I guess he's been here for weeks and some of his bruises have dried already. Judging from his looks, he was tortured and molested here. Is this part of the plan? Are they getting those people close to my heart?

"Gising ka na pala."

Suddenly, a voice startled me which came from my back. This scenario is familiar and I could say that it's devastating. Every moment from my past came back as if it really hunts me. It really pursue my death which failed in the past.

A man showed up wearing a mask and I could recognized him. He's the one who killed my father because of the same mask he wore. It was a half mask with a dagger print showing only his mouth.

"Tangina mo, nagkita rin tayo ulit," he said with the same familiar hoarse voice. I was right, he's the man who kidnapped me before.

"What do you want?" I asked as fear started to cover me. "If you want to kill me, let my friend and my cousin go!"

He smirked upon hearing my response. "I am not stupid, Annastasia. By the way, I heard you met my mom. Aren't you excited to greet me as your future father-in-law?"

"I would prefer to call you a murderer than to call you my father-in-law!" I shouted but he slapped me instead.

He removed his mask and his face was revealed. He was man I chased in Louvre Museum before Zach's men get me. I knew it, at first glance, I know he's not a good guy.

"I have always wanted to kill you but I never had a chance. It's a wrong move that you went here to Paris, Anna. I let you slide when you were in the Philippines, hoping that you'll never continue to run the empire that killed mine."

I didn't listen to any of his words. Besides, I spat on his face when he get close to me. Again, he gave me a big hand. He smirked and called someone to hand an equipment to him.

"What are you doing?" I asked but he didn't replied. He pressed the button and placed the tip of the metal on feet and I felt a furious energy that electrified me.

I screamed in pain and when he stopped, he asked me a question. "Where is the journal?"

"W-What journal?!"

"Your father's journal!" he replied and when I told him that i didn't know where it was, he used that equipment again.

Over few rounds, my body weakened until I couldn't even speak. That moment, Hailey woke up and she yelled upon seeing me.