Chapter 13

"The past has its way to bring your ghost in the present, so you must tighten your grip on your secret book."
-Grandma

THE DAY YOU SAID GOODBYE
(CHAPTER 13)

"Zach, where are you?" I asked but I received no response.

"Zach!" I called once again but no one answered.

I run to see him and I have passed by different tall trees yet he didn't show on my vision. There's a sudden pop on my chest and I know this feeling. Tears request to fall and my voice was shattered. I am scared.

This feeling is familiar — heaviness of breathing, trembling inside my chest and uncomfortable feeling. I'm not ready for this. Why did he left?

I move to look for him once more and I'm an idiot repeatedly calling his name even though he seems to be nowhere to be found. He left me and it's driving me crazy.

He left me.
Why did he do that? Is this fair for him? He asked me to fight for him yet he left me here, fighting alone for the both of us. Life is so unfair. The rain started falling, watering me and pulling off the tears from my cheek.

"Zach!" I screamed while the rain pours and I feel the pain inside me. This feeling again; it made me broke back then and I'm experiencing it once again.

In a dark forest, the cloud poured heavy emotions, blending on how I feel as of the moment. No light was visible and even Zach is unreachable. How can I handle this?

"Tash.." I heard his voice from somewhere.

I look around and follow the voice. "Zach!"

"Tash, you're dreaming."
That call wake me from a painful dream, a nightmare indeed. I hugged him the second I opened my eyes. There's something inside me that tells my body to show how I miss him. Luckily, it was just a dream.

"Don't leave me," I said while crying. He lift my chin and wipe off the tears that began cascading down my face.

"I won't, stop crying now. I'm here," he said, pacifying me as he caress my back. I heaved a deep audible breath when I heard him say that. I feel relieved.

I look around. We are still on the exact place where we spent the night. This forest is endless and I lost the hope of getting into where exactly we desire to go. After a couple of minutes, Zacharius lead the way and we started searching for the road.

Suddenly, there's a sound that made us both jump in surprise and excitement. It was a sound of a vehicle and that means we are near the road. By stepping on a rock, Zach look at the distance and it was quite near.

"Finally!" I said while panting. I look at him and we both smiled. "Now what?"

He was stunned when I asked that. "Uhm," he uttered but he couldn't find the exact words.

"Don't tell me you don't know what we're going to do next."

"I won't tell you," he said and my eyes grew big. I hit his shoulder and hissed. This guy was unsure about what to do next.

"Should we walk?" I asked while staring at the silent road. Nobody seems to pass by, maybe because no one lives here. I look around and I failed myself to see someone who could help us.

"We'll wait. I have a plan," he said and that gave me a relief.

We sat beside the road and it took us half an hour before seeing someone riding a car. We waved our hands to show that we needed help and so the driver stopped by. He opened his window and surprise was seen on his face.