Chapter 3

"If we are destined, we will be together. If so we can't, I wouldn't believe what's destiny."

- Zacharius, TDYSG (2020)

THE DAY YOU SAID GOODBYE
(CHAPTER 3)

This place is new to me. I could see the big difference between Philippines and France. Traffic here is not as chaotic as I encountered in my mainland.

I have been here for a week and I'm still amazed by the place. Paris is simply enchanting and it brings me to the greatest peak of life. At night, City of Lights can kill you with happiness as Monuments and other architectural buildings were lighted up. The beauty is seen everywhere, in each art, in each detail.

I visited Eiffel Towel two days ago and I cannot describe it's beauty. I was really amazed to the extent that I couldn't even think of my problems. I think it's good that I went here to fix myself.

Today, I went to the mall to buy some clothes and other necessities. Also, I'm planning to roam around because I will sure have a hard time talking to the salespersons here. What a pity. Actually, since everything is new to me such as the food, the places, the people and all, it's hard to cope up knowing that I am from a different country.

I am staying near the vicinity of Notre Dame. The condominium I bought there was quite huge and I don't have a problem with it. At night, I walk down the streets to unwind and refresh as I roam around the delighted and cheerful visuals of Paris. It's safe to detour here unlike when I was in my country. I got abducted by men when I was young and I still have that in my memory up to this age. That is definitely traumatic.

"Bonjour!"

Someone greeted me but I don't know him so I did not bother to pay attention. I was about to pass him by but he spoke once more.

"Sawadee krup!"

I gave him a wondering look, asking why is he greeting me. He answered me with an awkward smile and tried again in another language. In fairness, this guy is multi-lingual.

"Annyeonghaseyo!"

"Buenas diaz!"

I laughed when he tried again. This time, he look at me with confusion on his face. Maybe, he thought I was playing with him.

"Lo siento, solo mi puede hablar y yntender un poco en Español," I replied to man who greeted me in different languages. I know that the next things that he will say are in Spanish so I already told him that I cam only sleak an understand few spanish words. "Can you speak in English?"

"Oh, my fault!" he finally said while scratching his nape. I don't know why but guys with this mannerism are damn so cute. "I was about to say that your cart is quite full. Things might fall so I suggest, you should get a bigger one."

"You are good in English! I bet you are a Canadian, judging from your accent," I said and he gave me a wide smile.

"Thank you. By the way, I am Vince Spencer," he introduced himself and gave his right hand to me.

"Oh, I am Annastasia Heiltonn. I just came here in Paris last week," I reached his hand and give it a shake.

He was stunned. At first, I look at my back if he saw something then I touched my face to check if there's an unusual thing but nothing's in there. He looks like seeing a ghost.

"No, that can't be. You are the heiress of Heiltonn Empire?" his eyes gone bewildered.

"What empire?" I asked but he did not respond. "Are you alright?"