Chapter 17

"If it hurts, let go of the person causing you pain because the time you suffered is whenyou must let go."
-Zacharius V.

THE DAY YOU SAID GOODBYE
(CHAPTER 17)

Waking up in an isolated white room makes me feel uncomfortable — the air was cold and the smell makes me puke. I look at my hand and it was bandaged, maybe they covered the burns in it. The beeping sound of the machine made me realize where am I. Zacharius probably brought me to a hospital.

"Thank God you're alive!" an image of a woman came from a corner. Excitement plastered on her face as she try to reach me but instead of repaying the feeling, my heart started to pound hard.

"Where is Zach?" I automatically asked, suddenly redeeming her hands from me.

She didn't look into my eyes so I became worried. I knew my mom very well and I could sense that she did something this time. Mom turned her back but I held her wrist, pulling her to face me.

"Mom, where is Zach?" I asked, my voice cracked.

"Where do you think is your kidnapper at this moment?" she coldly said.

I shook my head and gasped for air. "He didn't kidnapped me, mom. Hailey put this story in your heads because-"

"I know. She told me already but I think, you are wrong this time, Annastasia-"

"How can I be wrong again, mom?! I'm aware of what we did. I went with him and Hailey knew-"

"Hailey knew that her cousin flirted her future husband! Don't dare to raise your voice on me, Annastasia! I am your mother and you must respect me!"

"Mom, please! You can't pull us apart. We love each other and you must understand that."

"Are you sure about that? Alright."
Her voice when she spoke tells me something. She sounded so sure and right, that's kind of bothering and scary. Mom turned on the television on the wall and the news filled my ears.

The said kidnapper of Lady Annastasia Heiltonn faced the public, claiming that the accusation was a misunderstanding.

Zacharius Voyage, the successor of Italiano Corporation who was accused to kidnap the said heiress cleared his name after having weeks of vacation in his grandmother. Here's the statement of Mr. Voyage:

"It was clearly a misunderstanding. I went with Annastasia to my grandmother's house which happen to be along the forest and so we didn't have any idea that we are on top of the search list," Zach said.

The reporter asked Zach a question. "How are you related to Ms. Heiltonn?"

"She is my fiance," he said before a curve in my face drew happiness but the next words he spitted broke my heart. "Hailey Heiltonn is my fiance. Our parents arranged our marriage but we never met each other until she saw me with Annastasia, my acquaintance in college-"

My mom turned it off. I couldn't speak and my movements were timid. I can't believe it, Zach denied me.

"So? Let me ask you again, Anna. How sure are you about that guy?" she asked before sitting next to me.

"I-I'm not believing what you showed me, mom. Where is Zach? I need to talk to him!"

"Annastasia, don't fool yourself. He said it himself, you're just his acquaintance so what else do you want to prove? Let's just be happy for your cousin."

"Mom, I need to see him," I emphasized my words and she gave me a sigh.

My mom brought me to a room. I saw Honey in there looking so sad and bothered. She ignored me and it was surprising to see her acting like that as if she's really mad at me.