Chapter 36

"If you love someone, you are ready to get hurt. For so love was made with pain, you shall embrace both happiness and sorrow."
- Countess Shades, TDYSG (2020)

THE DAY YOU SAID GOODBYE
(CHAPTER 36)

ZACHARIUS' POV

Last night was unexpected. I thought my surprise would be perfect but because of what she's feeling, it went wrong. Judging base on how she acts, something's not right but she refused to tell me.

When I sent her back to the empire, she looks pale and uncomfortable. She didn't even wait for me to open the door before walking away. I was about to go but something told me to come after her. I sent her a message, hoping that it might help. As I knock and call her name, she didn't gave me any response. Maybe she's resting already.

Today, I am heading to see Maximus because he asked me to go out and talk about the wedding. He was in charge because he wanted to ensure a safe and sound wedding. Besides, he knows how their empire celebrate this kind of matter.

After my wedding proposal, we decided to hold the wedding this coming month. Although it wasn't as easy as we thought, Maximus' worked very fast. He chose a good designer for our suits and gowns while Vince hired an event organizer that works close with them. Since Annastasia was hailed as queen, she have no time to look for these things.

From a distance, I overheard soft voices that are probably quarreling. As I walk to cut my curiosity, I recognized a familiar voice and the owner was he, whom I was about to meet. I also heard some clash backs of Vince but I'm not quite sure if they're really arguing or they were actually making some miracle.

When I heard some silent moans, I knocked hard on the door and I laughed upon hearing the rushing sound inside. When they came out, Vince's hair was messy and his sleeves wasn't properly buttoned. I could say that Maximus is annoyed based on his facial expressions. My eyes grew bigger when I saw a hickey on his neck and it made me wonder, who among them is top.

My curiosity is getting deeper and I am being a nosy lad but Maximus cut the silence when he cleared his throat before asking me to come in. At first, I felt goosebumps but I didn't tell him what's running on my mind.

"The designer showed me some styles of wedding gowns but I need Annastasia here to choose. You my cousin, she's very stubborn with her outfit-"

I cut Max from speaking before I started with a hem and haw. "S-something's wrong with Anna."

"No, she's completely fine. It's normal for a pregnant woman to have some changes-"

I jolt on what he said. Vince looked angrily to Maximus who's now biting his lips. "What?!"

"Sometimes, Max is weird. Don't mind him," Vince replied in his behalf but I'm not convinced.

I couldn't believe what I just heard. Annastasia is pregnant? This can't be! Who's that fucking bastard who made my girl pregnant?!

"Don't make me look dumb," I said in cold tone, feeling my patience nearly on it's zenith. "Tell me the truth."

Max sat properly as he gave a sigh. "Fine. She's pregnant."

"W-who is the father?" I asked after deciphering what he said. It took me minutes before I broke the silence myself.

They both looked meaningfully at me as if they're trying to say that I am the father. How can I be the father of her baby if we haven't- wait, what? We already had sex!

"I am!" I answered my own question in a surprised way. Both men were stalling me at me like they were saying 'yeah, man' and the moment I get it, I jumped in happiness.