Chapter 31

"Why did you even love me if you couldn't protect me at all cost?"
- Annastasia, TDYSG (2020)

THE DAY YOU SAID GOODBYE
(CHAPTER 31)

Two weeks have passed and I heard nothing about those criminals. I am very happy that my father already had the justice for his death and I am certain that he's happy right now. That was the most chaotic nightmare I ever had and we all know that it was the end of our sufferings.

My mom went back to the Philippines as she still have to monitor and manage the empire's branch there. She was delighted and proud of what we, my cousins and I, have done to the Heiltonn Empire. She actually asked the board members to give us a long vacation since we have been through so much but that's unnecessary. I am the ruler now so there comes a huge responsibility and a vacation will make me unproductive for the empire but since they have approved my mom's request, here we are in Maldives.

It was actually too much but since Hailey insisted to go here, we can't disagree because my cousin is the most authoritative lady I ever met. To be honest, I don't regret going here because the place vanishes bad memories by merely wandering around and I might sound exaggerating but the place was flawless and its beauty was splendid.

We have done some scuba diving and the clear water introduced me the beauty of underwater world. Hailey and I was paired up since we can't interrupt the love birds. I am actually wondering if they think of it as a group vacation or their honeymoon.

"I am really burnt by the sun, couz!" she complained while rubbing her bare skin.

I laughed at her reaction and I stard teasing her. "You insisted to wear your swimsuit even if those divers told you not to so there's no reason to hear your clamors. Besides, it's your choice."

"Don't laugh at me!" she hissed while walking rapidly.

I look at her when she sat and I saw her leg with the scar marks from what Manuel did to her. My cousin is a sassy lady from America and I know that her skin is the most important thing for her that's why I felt guilt everytime I look at her damaged skin.

"I'm sorry for your skin," I said before I laid.

She chuckled as she look at my sad face. "Don't think too much! It's just a scar and my mom could get a way to help me remove these."

"Hey, hey, hey!" Maximus came with his partner while looking at me. "What's with that sad face? You look like a duck!"

"Don't tease me, Max!" I rolled my eyes and turn my gazes to Vince whose neck was filled with noticeable hickeys. "Tease the mosquito who bit his neck."

Hailey checked Vince's neck and we teamed up to tease them. Maximus acted proud while his boyfriend blushed endlessly. These couple are so cute.

"By the way Max, where are the friends you invited?" I asked.

We didn't came here alone especially after what happened. We need some good companions so we can ensure our safety. Moreover, Dantes and Belinda came with me so I could have someone if I need anything.

Maximus pulled Vince to sit on his lap before answering. "They picked up some of your old friends because they happen to know each other. They'll be here in a few-, Oh! Here they come!"

"Bro!" Basti greeted before tapping Max's shoulder. He was a pure blooded french which happen to be Max's classmate in college.

A guy named Saint sat beside Basti with a poker face. He's not talkative like his friends. Max told me that he's heart broken that's why he doesn't speak much. Then, Vika came together with Euri, bringing some juice for us to drink. Luckily, Hailey have good friends from US which she invited to make us comfortable. Like hell yeah, we would really feel awkward if we try to blend in with Max's friends. They're all men and it's awkward for us, especially to a Filipina girl like me, to have fun with men.