Chapter 34

"Love is better when you try to understand"
- Countess Shades, TDYSG (2020)

THE DAY YOU SAID GOODBYE
(CHAPTER 34)

ONE MONTH LATER...

I have enjoyed doing my responsibility as the new ruler of empire. Unlike before, I am more knowledgeable and my people could easily trust my plans. One thing that helped me look better is the success of our event and I owe it to Samuel and Belle for helping me.

This month of the year, as part of the tradition, our empire pulls a huge celebration to reminisce the freedom of people from crime and dark regime of Voyage Empire. We have scheduled a meeting to talk about the things I have in mind regarding this celebration.

"Max," I knocked on his office. "Let's go together."

Maximus changed a lot after what happened to us under Manuel's hands. He became more calm and understanding. I don't see his tiger face anymore. I guess, Vince have made him become better.

I have offered Maximus his dad's office when we came back from our vacation. I have thought that he will love to stay there so he could at least reminisce good memories with his dad. Also, I gave him a higher position on the empire and he was looked up after me. He was coined to be the Prince of Heiltonn Empire and he was delighted when I crowned him. I gave what he deserve so he wouldn't feel down and unaccepted anymore.

Hailey went back to US together with her friends after our trip to Maldives. She also told the press that she's cancelling the wedding between her and Zach. Hailey did not gave any reason but I know, when we talked about him, she's not carrying any bad feeling towards me. She's really nice and understanding. I couldn't wish for better cousins because I know tht they are the best.

"Good morning, your majesty," the board members bowed before us and when we sat on our chairs, they followed suit.

Mrs. Guccino presented her idea for this year's Conglomerate Freedom. Afterwards, Mr. Schwartz supported her suggestion as well as Mr. Zirco. I looked at Maximus who's sitting besidd me.

"Why are we celebrating this?" I asked and everyone was surprised.

Mr. Schwartz replied, "As the oldest member of this board, I would like to answer that question. Our late founder brought this idea a year after the downfall of the Voyage Empire, the large corporation of criminal-"

"It doesn't make sense for me," I said which made a deafening noise inside the conference room. "We shouldn't be celebrating the misfortune of our opponents. How can we differentiate ourselves to those people if we couldn't even be a good example to our people."

"Pardon, Queen Anna, but that's what in our tradition," Mrs. Guccino said. "People used to celebrate that too."

"I think, it's time for change, Mrs. Guccino," Maximus answered while looking at her. "Before we went here, Annastasia and I had a conversation about this event and she has something to propose."

"Right." Everyone looked at me and listened to every word I said. "I believe that the freedom of our people are worth celebrating but I don't agree that we should celebrate it along with the downfall of the late empire. I suggest to move the Heiltonn Empire's celebration and we should introduce it as something new. We are never freed from any conglomerate because people move under us and that's not freedom. As we grow internationally, I would like people to remember that out empire doesn't have to compete with anybody not because we are on top but because we value our competitors and we consider them as partners for a greater world."

"It would be a global celebration for our freedom as humans from crime, harassment, death, judgement and to everything that hinders us to be free," Maximus stated. "We have done something this huge back then when we celebrate the first decade of empire and I don't see any problem at all."