Chapter 28

"More than anything else, death is the most satisfying revenge."
- Code 603, TDYSG (2020)

THE DAY YOU SAID GOODBYE
(CODE 603'S CHAPTER)

I always wanted to kill her because of what happened to my family. She was the primary reason why I ended up like this. Because of her goddamn family, our lives went difficult. If she only showed up right after the abduction way back in 2005, maybe we had lived our lives peacefully.

Looking at the dart board that was placed on the wall with a photo of a lady, I aimed to hit it but I failed. My friends laughed at me when I didn't hit the target.

"You're so bad at aiming for death, 603." When Master M mentioned my name, everyone bowed before him. We all know his voice and the mask he wore everytime he face us.

"Master.." I bowed before him but before I could do so, he hit my face with the bat he was holding on his right hand. That made me fall in pain on the floor. I could taste the bitter-rusty taste of blood from my lips and the numbness of my face.

"I don't want a failure in my empire, jerk!" he shouted before hitting me once again with his bat at ny back.

This time, I felt my muscles tightened as my back broke to the floor. It was painful and even if I wanted to get even, everyone will surely help him beat me.

"Master!" called by someone which made him stop from beating me up. It was Code 666 who called master and for some reason, I wanted to thank him.

He whispered something to Master M, then he helped me stand. Master looked at me and held my chin tightly. He removed the mask I was wearing, exposing my identity to everyone and that made scared. They will surely hunt my family especially now that he knew who I was.

"I will give you a chance, 603. Prove yourself to me," he said before pointing on the dart board. "Aim for her trust and bring her here."

I nodded as a reply because I couldn't get a voice to speak. When everyone left the room, 666 helped me heal my wounds. I don't know why is he doing this but I know something's going on.

"W-Why are you-"

"Shut up first. Let me finish cleaning your wounds," he ordered.

Among everybody else, he is the only person that is closest to Master M. For some reasons, I wanted to be like him because he's too lucky to be the right hand of our head master. I looked at his mask and there's something that pushes me to take it off but I can't.

"Remove it if you want," he said like he read my mind. "I don't want you to think that I was being unfair."

Slowly, my hand touched the mask he was wearing  and took it off, revealing his face. I know him. We have met somewhere but I couldn't remember the exact details.

He gave me a smile and continue to dress my wounds. "I am Maximus, Vince."

---

Now I know who was that goddamn bitch. She was Annastasia Heiltonn and our source was right, she just came here in Paris without having any clue that she was the missing heiress of the famous Heiltoon Empire.

Meeting her in person is like isolating me in a room where I could not do anything to hurt her. I wanted to use force just to bring her to Master M but I couldn't. She's covered with many eyes and I couldn't get a chance to get her. The only way to get her is to befriend her.

"What are you planning?" Maximus asked me while eating his meal.

I shook my head to tell that I don't know what to do next. "Maybe I'll find her again. I really don't know."