Chapter 15

"Sometimes, we don't need to ask if we're in a relationship with someone because it's vivid in our actions."
- Honey Voyage

THE DAY YOU SAID GOODBYE
(CHAPTER 15)

It has been three days when we got here. I must admit that it's difficult to be like this — live in a forest peacefully while the people of Paris are being bothered for searching me. People in there might be clueless, they just swallow what was said in the news but I can't blame them. I left without a word and I let them think that I was kidnapped.

Until now, I can't accept what Hailey did. Yes, she have all the rights to be mad but she can't just walk and tell everyone that I was kidnapped. Why am I that stupid to hide? Maybe grandma was right: we rush into these decisions and so we end up being here.

I am thinking about it. That night, Hailey and I had a fight and later in the morning, she claimed that I was kidnapped. I could have just told everyone the truth but Zach and I run away. That's a pretty stupid act to do. Then we crashed the car in the bridge, putting our lives in danger. We hide here like rats who are afraid of a hungry cat but I can just say the truth.

If only I could go back in time, maybe I could have act better so we didn't end up like this. I don't know why but this thought kept me bothered for days and I know it makes sense. I just could not accept the fact that I was too stupid not to think about my actions.

"That's deep," said by a voice which brought me back to my senses. Without even looking at her, I know it was grandma as I judged through her voice.

I'm sitting on a wooden chair in the backyard when she came so I move a bit to give her space. This is very awkward, I must say, since we haven't talked about what happened last time. Grandma didn't join our meal after that and chooses to eat alone inside her room instead but now, she's beside me and I don't know what to say.

"Your father used to go here when he was young. He always tell his parents that he doesn't want me to go alone when I'm going home for day off. He was so sweet," she started.

I look at her and smile. "You really know my father, do you?"

"Of course. Your dad is like my son that's why Zacharius' father gets mad at me every time I go back to Paris for work. He always say that my favorite son was Zach, little did he know that he was my favorite and your dad comes next."

"You said they were best friends before, grandma, but how come Zach's dad never visited my dad on his wake?" I asked.

She sighed before answering. "When your uncle, David, came her to tell me that your dad died, it broke my heart. I couldn't pick myself up because I can't see him in that situation but it broke me even more when I heard that my son died as well."

"On the exact day?" my eyes bewildered upon hearing her say that.

Grandma nodded and held my hands, tears began flowing 9n her cheeks. "He died when your father saved you. My son was burnt and I couldn't accept what happened to him. I could barely recognize his body when they sent him here. That's why I'm too sorry for your father, for you."

"It's not your fault, grandma."

"He could have-"

Grandma stopped talking when Zach saw us. "Grandma, why are you crying?"

She wipe her tears and I caressed her back to comfort her. Maybe she miss her son as much as I miss my dad. They could have been best friends until now if no one murdered them.

"Bunny, have you seen him?!" Honey asked from a distance.

"You should stop calling me that, Honey!" he gave a sharp gaze and so Honey shut her mouth.