Prologue

Note: This is the unedited version of the story. Grammar, punctuations, spellings and other errors will surely be fixed soon.

THE DAY YOU SAID GOODBYE
(PROLOGUE)

Chaos kept chasing people off their tranquil spots. Maybe we should get used to it as sorrow will always come after great happiness. Well, we can never point our fingers to anyone and make them responsible for our actions. I mean, we have our choices and that includes happiness but I think, we cannot blame ourselves too for believing in what kind of happiness we dare to believe.

How would you know if it's happiness? Well I think, you should start within yourself. Believe and have faith on the happiness you wished upon and let it be the happiness you desire to have.

I'm just good with my words, believe me. I hope I could apply these things to my life. Unfortunately, I have a different case than how I mentioned it. I lost the ability to believe in happiness or maybe, I was never happy at all. I don't know. I just want to have it off.

"Are you alright?" Zach asked in his usual cold tone as he caress my hands. I looked into his eyes as if I was searching for something but I cannot figure it out. These pretty brown eyes made me fall for him but I cannot see myself in it anymore. I used to be his happiness, he told me himself, but I guess everything changes - even hapiness could fade.

Zach and I have been friends since junior years at Crescent University. We are from the same faculty and currently studying Communication Arts. He has been a closed friend of mine back then. His father is our family lawyer which served as a way of how we met. Last year, he confessed his feelings for me. Well, Zach is not a typical rich guy. He doesn't speak unless someone talk to him or if he has something to say. Though he is chased by group of girls, he doesn't feel overwhelmed. He is a normal introverted guy who loves to take me to church every Sunday. Who would not fall for this kind of guy?

From the day he expressed his love to me, I saw him grow. He became more sociable and became the boyfriend that everyone would wish to have. Call me bitch but I don't like it that way. I know him. He's not used into this kind of personality and I am responsible for this one. Yes, I know that he choose this path and no one should be responsible for other people's choices but he changed because of me. Am I being selfish if I want him the way he was before? Am I being unreasonable for wanting him to be mine alone?

One time, he talked to me about this and he was surprised. He didn't utter a word. He didn't even bother to get mad at me and he didn't change. He became more open to everyone and girls kept chasing him. His new friends give his number to every single girl that has been fascinated by him and that's not okay. I am his girl but others kept on chasing after him. One day, someone called and scolded me for staying close to Zach. I didn't know her but she was really mad. I told Zach about the girl and he did something that melted my heart. He posted a picture of us together in his IG with a caption that says I am his only girl. I thought, everything would be fine after that but it turned out worst.

When I arrived in the parking lot, girls stood in front of my car and they threw eggs towards my wind shield. Some sprayed paint in it and when I had the chance to go out, they chased me and I was hurt as hell. I got my arm broken by that time and my parents wanted everyone to take responsibility about what happened. Dad was so mad and lashed out to our Dean, wanting those girls out of the Uni but I stopped him. I don't want to ruin their lives just because they adore my boyfriend so much.

I was blown off my thoughts when Zach patted my shoulder. I swerved off my gazes and stood up. Zach followed me but I refused to stop.

"Tash, stop! Talk to me! Ano bang problema?" I didn't bother to answer him. I walked away but he pulled me hard and wrapped me around his arms. I was shaking terribly at hindi ko sya magawang itulak.

After a couple of minutes, he loosen his embrace. He let me sit on a bench, still pacifying me. I took a deep audible breath and speak.

"Zach, let's break up." He startled when he heard it. A transition on his face was seen. He madly looked at me but he smiled after a few seconds.

"Don't pull this kind of prank, babe. I'm not buying it." I can hear the disbelief on his tone. He pinched my cheeks and caressed my hands. Zach wiped my tears off but it kept on cascading down my chin.

"Do you really want it?" He looked so serious after asking me since I didn't respond on his disbelief. My tears kept falling, I can't help it. He stood up and pull me close.

"Can you do me a favor?" He asked once more and the only thing I could do is to nod. "Don't cry for me if you really wanted it. Smile now, Annastasia. Goodbye." His tears are falling so do I. How painful it is to hear him call my name the way he isn't used to. His voice cracked before he finished his words. Zach turned his back to me and I covered my mouth to shut it from causing any sound.

Minutes have passed but I'm still on the same spot. My knees fell on the ground as I cried so hard, so painful. I didn't mind other people that time. I don't care at all. What I took attention are the voices that I keep on hearing... his voice and his promises.

I just can't accept the fact that he get me used to pushing him away pero hindi sya umaalis but now, he left me without pleading me to come back.

It hurts. It hurts so much because today is our third anniversary and this is the day when I made him say goodbye.

.

.

.

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED (2020).
No part of this story may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical including photocopying, recording or by any information storage and retrieval system without the written permission of the author, except permitted by law.

This is the unedited version of the story so expect some errors typographically, grammars, punctuations, etc. This will be edited soon. It also contains sensitive scenes that are not suitable for young readers.

Read at your own risk.

-------

Pagbati mula sa may akda.

Masaya akong sinimulan mo ang pagbabasa ng nobelang ito. Nais kong makita ang iyong komento patungkol sa kwento, tauhan at iba pang kaganapan upang mas mapabuti ang nobela.

Maraming salamat sa pagtangkilik, hanggang sa huling bahagi!

- Countess Shades