Chapter 30

"For those who feel alone and uncertain about thing, remember that you always have someone to listen."
- Countess Shades, TDYSG (2020)

THE DAY YOU SAID GOODBYE
(CHAPTER 30)

I froze when he pointed me his gun, thinking that I was hit but after a couple of minutes without feeling something, I opened my eyes to see what just happened. Manuel was looking at the door having the same reaction as we have after hearing something that made a loud sound.

Suddenly, Maximus kicked Manuel's hand which caused him to accidentally pull the trigger. This time, I was certain that I got hit by his bullet as I found my arm bleeding. Vince went to catch me before I fall then he removed the chain and collar on my neck.

Manuel and Maximus continued fighting over the gun until it went towards Hailey's direction. They kept punching each other, trying to get rid of the opponent so they could get the gun. Vince helped me to stand as we run to Hailey. He untied my cousin while I picked up the gun and fired on the roof.

Everyone was stunned afterwards and I point my gun to Manuel. "Stop there, asshole!"

"Pull the trigger, Anna!" Maximus said while pushing Manuel.

I am so ready to pull the trigger when the door opened and Manuel's men entered with a captive on their hand. The time that I look at them, Manuel took the chance to bang Maximus' head on the wall, causing him to fall on the floor.

"Max!" called Vince while Hailey stopped him from getting closer to Manuel.

"You might want to put down that gun," a man wearing the same mask as others said. "Or else, you'll see his brain shattered like ground meat."

I smirked while still pointing my gun to Manuel who's looking straight at me. "Why would I care about that person?"

They removed his mask and an unexpected face showed up. Zacharius was caught with blood on his thighs. Maybe he's was beaten like us. I couldn't move my hand upon seeing him like that. There's a part of me that keep on telling me to help him but at some point, I wanted this to end. If I get to kill Manuel, I can give the justice that my dad deserved but in exchange, Zach will die.

"Don't listen to them, Tash-" Zach didn't finish his words by being punched simultaneously and I lost my energy when I tried to help him.

"Zach.."

Manuel moved towards his men and point a gun on me. Now, everyone's guns were pointed on us. I felt my arm ache so Vince held the gun instead.

"Hey, faggot!" one called before loud laughters filled the room. "You want me to shoot your boy or you want me to shoot on you instead?"

"We have no choice, Anna. One of us will die if we insist to fight," Vince said before putting his gun down.

"I knew it," Manuel laughed as if we're making a big joke for them. "Now, bow before me or die."

I hesitated to follow as he ordered but I have no choice. We kneeled until his men grabbed and tied us once more. Now, they already have five captives and I don't know who will save us.

Maximus wake up after they poured water on him. He looked at me, asking what's happening but I don't know how to tell him. His head was bleeding yet he still want to fight over our freedom.

"While we're here, let's play a little game," Manuel said while giving us a creepy smile.

Zacharius tried to stand but those wounds he got on his thighs hindered him. "Dad, please stop!"