Chapter 38

"You write your own story and you have the power to change the ending. Life isn't always about going with the flow as boats need someone to swerve dangerous rocks."
- Countess Shades, TDYSG (2020)

THE DAY YOU SAID GOODBYE
(CHAPTER 38)

My sobs are as loud as the thunders that strike the skyscrapers and my tears were heavier than the rain that pours on this six feet hole. I remembered how the explosion threw him away and I couldn't help myself but to cry.

Even if he cannot shoot his father, he chose to save me but he was tricked to death. This time, I knew he meant to save me but the fate did not allow him. The most important man in my life right now was shattered into pieces and I don't see any remorse on the culprit's eyes. He died because of his father. He died because of loving me. Zacharius died because of having me in his life.

"Zach.." I whispered between my sobs.

The water level of this hole where Manuel threw me was getting high. It has reached my chest level now and I cannot do anything as my hands were tied on the chair. My mind went blocked after the explosion and only my tears are left to say I'm awake. Suddenly, happy memories with Zach in my life flashed on my head.

"Tash, have you seen Prof. Torres?" he asked while looking at me with his painted face.

I arched my brows as I can freely see his face. "What's that?"

He pointed on his face after giving me a wide smile. "My handsome face, baby!"

I hit his arms before rolling my eyes. After couple of minutes, we found ourselves laughing for the reason why he looks like an idiot this moment. He said, they were caught vandalizing the comfort room's wall then they were punished to paint the wall but since boys are naughty, they painted eaxh other's faces.

"You're so cute!" he pinched my cheeks after saying that. I saw a smile on his face and he seems to control his laughters.

When I asked him what makes him laugh, he didn't replied until I went inside the classroom and my friends saw the mess on my face.

I came back to my senses when I felt the water on my mouth. Still, I couldn't find any courage to do anything. The rain was pouring over my face and I closed my eyes to prevent the water from penetrating them.

"Promise me one thing, Tash," he said while embracing me. He wiped his tears away before looking at me intently. "Whatever happens, choose to live, choose to love and choose to be happy. We are never sure about tomorrow but if something happens to me, I want you to continue living. Live with our child and I want you to name him Zeus or Savannah. If we can't end up together, I want you to marry someone who could always fight for you. Someone who can fight against all odds, including the closest person on his life. Please tell our kid how we met and how we ended. Tell him not to get mad at me if I cannot join him to father's day, to his birthday, graduation day and all the important days of his life. Tell him-"

I stopped him by a kiss. "Zach, nothing's gonna happen. Trust me."

"Goodnight babe," he said before I felt my eyes slowly getting heavy. "I love you."

I gasped for air when my head drowned in water. I pulled my hands from the chair but it was too tight for me. I tried to bit the rope but I ran out of air. When I lift my head, I couldn't reach the surface water. My fist was tightly closed as I move my head.

While seconds kept running, time for me became senseless. I have nothing left and if I die today, I wouldn't regret it because I will see him there and in that life, we are together. This isn't the ending that I expected but if this is my fate, I am surely okay with it.