Epilogue

Note from the Author:

I would like to thank you for supporting this story up to this very end. We all have seen how they faced every havic that came along their way.
I am hoping that this novel taught you what's more important between hatred and love even though it touches the need for justice. I am also hoping that this novel became an eye opener to see such situations like racism and same sex relationship. Although this novel mainly focused on forgiveness and love over cruelty and justice, I am certain that even in simple quotations you have learned something.
It's the last chapter for Zacharius and Annastasia. I hope you'll support my creations too. If you want a book 2 for this novel, hit me with votes and comments on this novel. Again, thank you for your support up to this very end.
Let's all give our final wave today as we say goodbye.

-------------------------------------------

THE DAY YOU SAID GOODBYE
(EPILOGUE)

"I remembered everything, Zach."

My eyes were filled with tears and my heart wasn't strong to bear this kind of feeling. Zach was the guy who took me in the yatch, the guy whom I talked to at the cemetery.

The moment I got my memories back, I asked my cousin who's the Zacharius that he showed me last time and his answer broke my heart. Our baby, Zacharius Heiltonn Voyage, died after the abduction. The miscarriage was brought when Manuel beat me up and they can't tell me that early because they weren't sure if I can take it.

"I waited for you, Tash," he uttered while looking at the Eiffel Tower. "I waited until I can't wait anymore."

"I-I'm sorry," I replied when I understood what he's pointing out. "I'm not here to stop you from your wedding. I understand, Zacharius. I completely understand."

When my voice cracked, he looked at me and I have seen the line of his tears on his face. "When you went to face dad, I am so scared. I am so scared to choose between you and my father and even if he's getting nefarious, I couldn't hate him, but that moment, I made a choice. I wanted to save you, our baby, because you're the most important person to me that time."

"I know, Zach. I know," I said while touching his cheek.

"I thought I could save you," he stated before he broke into tears. "And I felt sorry for not being able to save the most important person to me. I feel bad and I doubted if I'm worth the love you are giving me but I know I can't give up. So when I saw the mannequin, I tried to run but the explosion threw me and it was too late for me when I wake up. The pouring water was higher than you and if I didn't told him that you're pregnant, he could have let you die."

My brows arched upon hearing him. "What do you mean, Zach?"

"He saved you. My dad pulled you from that hole. He changed his mind when he heard about our baby," he answered which made me burst in tears. "You see, Anna. I know him very well and based on my grandma's stories, he's the kindest son she ever had. How could I hate him, right? How could I hate the person who saved my beloved girl? How can I hate the person who fulfilled my promise to save you no matter what? Then he asked one request. He wanted me to name our son Zacharius so even he's in afterlife, he will have a resemblance to his son and make it up to him as he never had a chance to bond with me."

"I-I am sorry, Zach," I kept on repeating this line because I couldn't find another word to describe how I feel right now.

"I am sorry if I didn't introduce myself to you, Tash," he said as he caress my hands. "I don't want to bother you anymore. You have been through so much, Tash. Because of what families we came from, our love didn't have a chance for this life time. I am setting you free from all the pain, my love."