Partnership

After his meeting with that more than irritating Detective, The Beast sprinted back towards the car where Elijah Price was waiting in the front passenger seat. He skidded to a halt outside the door to the drivers seat and allowed Dennis to take the light so that he could drive.

Dennis quickly changed back into his black shirt and tried to ignore the blood which covered his hands and chest, although the thought of it on his skin made him shudder and it took all of his willpower not to start freaking out. He took a deep breath and slid his glasses on before getting into the drivers seat and starting the car. he backed up onto the road and drove as fast as he could to gain some distance between them and the cops.

Elijah Price who had been sitting silently in his seat for most of the journey stared at his mysterious Savior  with a poker face to avoid giving away any emotions.

"Where were you when you disappeared earlier?" he asked curiously.

"We went back to the asylum there was someone there that we were curious about meeting" Dennis replied keeping his eyes fixed on the road ahead and occasionally looking back to check for cops.

"Who was it?" Elijah asked 

"A detective named Emma Price ,she seems to be the main person investigating our case at the moment" 

"And why the hell did you think it would be a good idea to go and see her?" Elijah nearly yelled not understanding why he had wasted valuable time talking to a detective which could have been better used to escape.

"The Beast wanted to see if she was a threat to us and to give her a warning if she got in our way" Dennis answered his knuckles turning white as his grip tightened on the wheel.

"Huh and how did that work out for you?" 

"Oh I think she got the message" Dennis replied with a small frown as he recalled what had nearly happened during that meeting.

"Wow if you can convince her to stay away you must be good, Emma is about as stubborn as they get" Elijah said impressed.

"You know her?" 

"Oh yeah I know her we have what you would call a.... complicated history" Elijah said cryptically looking out of the window.

They drove for a few more miles in silence until Elijah turned to face Dennis again

"Not that I'm not grateful or anything but why did you free me from that hellhole, I mean out of all the people who were being held in there you chose me, why?"

"Your like us, your pure" 

"Pure?, what the hell do you mean by that?"

"It means you've suffered, that you know pain, it makes you stronger"

"What makes you think I've suffered?" Elijah asked

"We did our research my dear, we know about your condition, how you were bullied because of it at school, twenty four different operations, I must admit that's impressive even by our standards, but it doesn't make you weak, you are much stronger than those who don't know suffering that is what makes you pure" Dennis's voice changed from his usual gruff tone to the soft British voice belonging to Patricia.

"How does this involve me then, what is your plan" Elijah asked slightly shocked about the sudden change of voice 

"We are trying to show the world how powerful we can be, the zoo, the asylum is only a glimpse of what The Beast can do and we believe that you can help us" Patricia explained.

"Help you how?" Elijah was starting to get frustrated on what his part to play was.

"We know what it's like to e shut away and frowned upon dear, you stay with us and help us with our vision and The Beast has personally promised that you will have revenge on the one man who is responsible for your imprisonment" 

"You know about David Dunn?" 

"Of course we do dear, we've heard he's been called the unbreakable man, that he can't be harmed, The Beast is very eager to get rid of him first for obvious reasons" Patricia purred before parking outside a rundown apartment. 

Once they were out of the car Patricia opened the door and led Elijah up the stairs and into the living room.

"Sit down and think about your decision, we will be in the bathroom if you need us, you must be exhausted as well you can take the spare room if you like call when your ready to make a decision" Patricia offered before stepping into the bathroom and locking the door.