Unfriendly Conversation

Emma was sat in her room staring out the window at the starry sky when she heard the door knock behind her.

"Come in" she called, before gulping down the last bit of whiskey she had managed to stow away in her room, Patricia was the one to enter her room much to Emma's surprise.

"Hello dear, we are very glad to see you recovered from your injury" she greeted her soft, monotone voice.

"I presume you must be Patricia, we haven't officially met yet, not meaning to be rude but what are you doing here?" Emma asked swallowing back her unease. 

"You caused quite a stir in the group with your little secret, everyone is very eager to meet you" Patricia explained.

"I'm sure we'll all eventually meet each other in the near future" Emma muttered before pinching the bridge of her nose "How come your here specifically?" she asked.

"Dennis told us about your excessive alcohol and drug consumption, he seemed rather concerned about it" Patricia remarked, Emma sighed a little bit annoyed that Dennis felt the need to tell essentially a complete stranger her personal problems.

"I'm touched by your concern but you needn't have bothered I'm fine" Emma lied, trying to act less drunk than she actually was.

"Your lying" Patricia said through narrowed eyes.

"And what makes you think that?" Emma asked uncomfortably, Patricia breathed through her nose before speaking in a sinister tone

"I know a liar when I see one, did you not think that we wouldn't recognize the stench of that horrible drink you are using to poison yourself with" she said threateningly "Where is it" she asked

"No where, I drank it all" Emma replied sheepishly looking away from Patricia to avoid her intense stare.

"Did you know that Kevin's mother used to drink like you?" Patricia asked 

"I might've read about it somewhere" Emma replied humoring her 

"Yes she was a terrible drunk, her drinking would cause her anger which in turn ended up with poor Kevin getting beaten by her, she made him suffer through all of that for most of his childhood, you can understand why we are not a big fan of drinkers such as yourself" Patricia's voice went cold.

"A drinker, what a generous title, you think I want to be like this?" Emma replied matching Patricia's tone

"Well you are clearly making no attempt to clean up your act are you?" she spat harshly, Emma just started laughing, it was a hollow, broken laugh which made Emma look slightly mad.

"When you've been through everything I've been through and lose everything I've lost, if your not even tempted by something in order to escape that pain, then and only then can you lecture me on how wrong this is, besides you don't even know me" Emma spat back.

"No, you only told Dennis that you were a former FBI agent who had a bad childhood and developed your alters because of that reason, you later fell in love with a girl named Laura who was then brutally murdered by one of them which you covered up to protect them, which later led to your addictions and later on your attempted suicide, I think that's enough to go on don't you?" Patricia purred.

"Did he tell you that?" Emma asked 

"Oh no dear, we were listening to your story the entire time, you must realize that whatever you tell one of us the rest of us will hear as well, especially when it is something as interesting as this" Patricia reminded her of the bitter truth, no matter who's in the light your not speaking to one individual, your speaking to many.

"Wow I'm glad I've become the center of everyone's attention" Emma grumbled sarcastically  

"I'm not" Patricia replied bluntly, Emma raised her eyebrows as one side of her mouth lifted up in a smile.

"Hmm I thought you wouldn't be, are you here to tell me that I'm interrupting your master plan" Emma mused.

"You have been stalling yes, The Beast has grown impatient with Dennis's growing compassion" Patricia replied disgust radiating off of her.

"And what do you want me to do about that?" Emma  asked

"He needs to be reminded of our mission, and unfortunately you and Casey have become a major distraction, particularly Miss Cooke who has been fueling his bad habits" 

"Really, he's in love is that really a crime?" Emma snapped, Patricia's face darkened

"You would do well to remember we have known him longer, we know what he is like and you really think that some random girl is going to change him?" Patricia hissed

"Love changes everyone and that sort of bond is a tough one to break, yes he may have done bad things in the past but it doesn't mean he isn't capable of change" Emma responded "Anyway I think we went off on a tangent, you wanted me to do something?"

"Dennis needs ...an incentive to keep him focused on his goals, we need you to convince him to stick to our mission" Patricia explained.

Emma yawned, bored of this conversation "Missing your hired muscle hmm?, also I'm not sure how you could call cannibalizing young girls could be considered a mission really, just saying" 

"Enough you will convince him to remain loyal to The Beast as was discussed" Patricia snarled, walking over to her, making Emma lean back into the chair "You are lucky you are pure or I would have half of mind to hurt you" she whispered, as Emma gulped slightly "Now you will be a dear and convince him for us won't you?".

"What happens if I can't or if I refuse?" Emma asked as Patricia edged away from her slightly.

"Then tell him he can say goodbye to the possibility of ever having the light again, I'll let you think on that by yourself for a while, goodnight dear" Patricia said before, turning to leave.

Emma sighed not knowing what to do next, she couldn't let Dennis carry on with this heinous plan, he tried to cover it up but Emma could tell he had been mortified by his part the first time and she knew he couldn't do that again, she wouldn't let him. Emma was getting frustrated by all of this so she did the only thing she knew that would help relieve her of her stress, which happened to be pouring another glass of whiskey from her stowed away bottle.