IX- The Second Time

I get into the house and set my bag down. I take a left into the kitchen and grab a water bottle out of the fridge. "Liv." I almost spit out my water in surprise.

Dean is sitting at the kitchen table with his arms crossed and a worried look on his face.  "What are you doing here?" I ask. I gave him a key so I know how he got in but I didn't see his car.

"I was taking a walk and I let myself in. Listen, I want to talk to you about earlier." His voice is different, serious.

I walk over to the table and sit down across from him. "Dean, I don't blame you for not wanting to wait two hours for me to get out of school. I understand but I'm done letting you drive me around everywhere. I'm going to take the test and get my license." I try to gauge his expression but he remains stoic and serious.

His blue eyes meet mine, "I knew this would happen." He says quietly. "This year is our last year together and I can feel you pulling away from me. You don't want to hang out with me after school because you'd rather be with that fucking teacher." His jaw clenches, "Now you want to get a license so you won't need me anymore." His hand curls into fists.

My eyebrows draw in, expressing my confusion. I place my hand on his arm. "None of that means I don't need you. It just means that I need to feel some sort of independence. You're still my boyfriend, that's not going to change." I know he's just feeling insecure but I don't understand why.

Dean stands up, pulling away from my grasp as he walks over to me. I look up at him, his jaw is still clenched. He's quick to reach out his hands and grab my arms. "What are you-?"

"I want to explain something to you, Liv." His eyes are dark and hardened while his grip on my arms tightens. It hurts, "I can't lose you. I won't lose you. I want you to tell me that after this year you'll come with me to California."

I shake my head, "Where did this come from? We talked about this, Dean. I'm not..." I trail off when his hands tighten on my arms. "Dean you're hurting me."

"I'm sorry but I need you to understand...tell me you'll come with me."

Tears start to run down my cheeks slowly. He's never acted so mean before. "Okay! Okay!" I give in, I just need him to let go.

"Say it," Dean demands through his teeth.

I don't want to, I want him to leave but I'm so scared of him right now. "I'll go with you to California."

I take in a deep breath when he lets go of me completely. I hold my arms and cry, not daring to look at him. Dean gets on his knees and lifts my chin. "Hey, hey don't cry. I didn't mean to grab you so hard, I don't know my own strength." He whispers before wiping my tears away. "Do you still love me?" Dean asks.

He looks like the Dean I know. His blue eyes brighter than ever and his composure completely relaxed. He got what he wanted and what he wanted was me. I hesitate but nod slowly. I do love him, but he needs help. "Please don't hurt me again." I plead with a shaky voice.

"No," He kisses me, moving my hair out of my face, "I would never hurt you again. I just don't know what I'd do if I ever lost you." He presses his lips against mine again. I don't kiss him back at first but then he kisses me even harder. He's desperate, needing me to reciprocate. So I kiss him back. Slowly at first but then I become as desperate as him. Dean grunts lowly, moving down to kiss my neck. I try to remember him as the man I've spent the last three years of my life falling in love with. The man who buys me flowers and treats me like a princess. The man who never hurt me.

When Dean makes his way back up he pulls away and rests his forehead on mine. "I have to go." Then Dean stands up with me still on the chair. "You're right about getting your license. I can't take you everywhere so we'll practice some before your test."