Believing

“What’s wrong kiddo?” James asked as he took a seat on the sofa next to me.

“Have you seen the size of the arena? I cant sing in front of all those people! Sorry you probably wont want to hear it….” I buried my head in my hands and let myself calm down.

James took my hand lifting me off the sofa to my feet. He smiled and opened the door. Outside were already a queue of girls waiting to get inside. Some screamed and pointed to James reaching out pictures and books for him to sign. He signed a couple before he led me back into the arena where Harry was pacing back and forth. 

“See come up on stage it isn’t that bad. You barely see the fans” James led me up on stage cueing the man in the booth to flick the lights on.

The arena filled with light covering every inch of the room. Thousands and thousands of rows or so it seemed filled the floor. The stage was twice as big as any ordinary stage and there were ledges up backstage for the instruments like drums and the piano. Oh that is a nice piano…..

I drifted away from James towards the grand piano that was set up on the left riser. I took a seat on the black bench running my fingers over the cold keys. I looked up at James who was watching me from the other end of the grand piano.  

“JAMES! Make up come on!”  Someone yelled from backstage. James waved and ran back to his friends. 

Waiting until the coast was clear before placing my fingers back on the keys. When I was seven I had chosen to take piano classes. I went until I was sixteen and by then I was pretty advanced. Closing my eyes I let my fingers dance across the keys listening to the music filling the arena. My fingers flew from key to key playing the song through once and repeating it immediately holding out the last chord.

There was clapping from out in the audience area. My eyes flew open and I saw a line of girls standing in front of the stage posters held by their side and dressed in One Direction apparel.

“That was amazing!” One of the girls giggled and clapped her hands once again. 

I jumped down from the platform and came to the edge of the stage. I dropped my legs over the edge so I was sitting on the stage’s edge.

“Thank you! How did you get in so early?” I asked hoping not to sound rude.

“Oh they are starting to let girls in now! See?” The orange haired one pointed to the girls that were now pouring into the stadium. 

“Well ladies I guess that is my cue to get of stage.” I smiled at the girls and thanked them for coming out before disappearing backstage into the dark red curtain 

A hand grabbed mine pulling me into the tangle of the curtains. I knew who it was, obviously Harry! He entwined our hands together as we walked backstage. I started swinging our hands back and forth like in movies.

“Madison please report to the stage. One minute until the show!”A voice boomed over the speakers.

I smiled nervously and pulled away from Harry.

“Love? Where do you think you’re going?” he called at my back. 

“I need to get on stage give you a kiss later ok?” I smiled sweetly at him as I stepped onto stage.

The lights were blinding and the roar of the crowd was deafening. I grabbed the mic from one of the drummers and stepped forward on the stage.

“Hello California!” I yelled into the mic as my voice magnified all over the arena. The crowd responded with screams and cheers. “Well I am the opening act! So let’s get this show started!”