01; New Beginning

Carter

"Carter, pizza is here!" I hear Vienna yell to me from downstairs. I widen my eyes and run downstairs, almost tripping down the steps. "My baby!" I yell and grab a slice of pizza and kiss it. "Carter, manners." My mom tells me sternly. I groan, "When do I not ave manners?" I reply and take a bite of the pizza and sit on a stool by the island counter. "We are very lady like," Vienna adds on. I nod in agreement.

My mom rolls her eyes. "Carter, you start school tomorrow. I already registered you in on Wednesday." She says and smiles.

"What?!" I ask standing up. "No, please don't do this to me!" I say and fall to the floor. Vienna laughs at me and takes another slice of pizza, then walks into the other room. My mom look at me with an amused look, "Sorry hunny, but you need to get your education." My mom tells me. I roll my eyes, "You couldn't give me one more day?!" I ask standing back up and dusting any dust off my clothes. She sighs and walks towards me as I cross my arms. "I'm sorry sweetie but you gotta go tomorrow. Maybe you'll see some cute guys there and get their numbers." My mom replies and winks. "Me too!" Vienna yells from the living room.

"Mom, I'm still dating Justin.." I trail off. My mom's smile immediately falls. "Oh, sweetie. I'm sorry." She says and engulfs me into a hug. "Are you okay?" She asks me. I slowly nod, I can't have her worrying about me. She's going through alot mentally right now.

I pull away from the hug and give her the best smile I could. She looks at me unsure, "I'm fine. Really," I say. She nods, "Alright, I'm always here if you need to talk." She tells me. I nod, "I know Mom. I'm always here for you too." I respond. She smiles at me and walks out of the kitchen.

I grab another slice of pizza and walk into the living room where Vienna was watching Degrassi: Next Class on Netflix.

"That's my show!" I say and finish the pizza as I sit on the other couch. I lay down and watch the show with her. "Hunter is hot." Vienna gushes. I shake my head, "No he isn't," I reply. "Um yeah, he is! I mean look at his long flawless hair." Vienna continues to gush. I roll my eyes. "You mean his long greasy hair." I retort. Vienna glares at me.

Vienna and I are cousins, not sisters. We basically act like best friends. We talk about the cute guys we see, we have code words, we do everything together basically. I'm an only child, as Vienna was too. Her parents died in a fire. Vienna wasn't at the house at the time, she was at a friends house. The firefighters tried to get her parents out but it was too late. She was nine, when this happened, as I was eight.

Vienna has lived with us ever since then. She is now 18, as I am 17. A senior in high school. Finally, my last year! But at least I have Vienna for this journey.

"Stop staying in the house, go out and do something!" I hear my mom yell. "Alright, Jenny!" I retort. Vienna laughs. Jenny was my mom's name, she doesn't get offended if I call her that like some mother's would, like I said she's chill.

"There is a park down the street. Wanna go hang out there?" I ask. "How'd you know there was a park?" Vienna asks. "So many questions. I saw it while we were driving here the other day." I reply. "Now, let's go." I tell her and grab my skateboard by the door. "Alright." She replies giving in. She grabs her skateboard also and we walk out the door.

"Lead the way queen." I hear Vienna say from behind me as she shuts the door back. "Alright peasant," I reply and smirk. I walk over to the sidewalk and put my skate board down. She follows me and gets on her skateboard. We skate down towards the park which was like two streets over.

"God, that was such a long walk." Vienna groans. I roll my eyes, "We were skating." I reply. She shrugs and we walk towards the swings. I sit down and put my skateboard below my feet as Vienna does the same.

I swing lightly and glance around at the area. There were trees surrounding the park, also a small field where people could play soccer or something. There was no one at the park right now, so it was quite peaceful.

Vienna sighs, "You okay?" She asks me. I look over to her and see her with a sad look. "Depends what you mean by that," I mumble, enough for her to hear.

"I mean you having to leave Justin." Vienna quietly states. I shrug, I wasn't okay about leaving him. He is my boyfriend of one year. And because we moved, it's now really hard to acting commit to the relationship. "Long distance sucks." I quietly say. "I know," Vienna tells me.

"Yo, Nathan! Catch!" I hear a deep voice say from behind me. I furrow my eyebrows and look behind me, still sitting on the swing and notice five boys walking towards the open field In front of us. Well we get a view of the field of cut grass.  I turn back around not really interested. Vienna, on the other hand, was staring at them in awe.

I snap my fingers in front of her face. "Dude? Seriously?" I ask and start laughing when she looked over at me with a confused look.

"What?" She asks and raises an eyebrow. "You were totally checking them out," I reply. "I was not. I was admiring their beauty." Vienna retorts.

I roll my eyes and pull my phone out of my pocket. I got a text message from Justin. I smile and click on the message.

"Hey babe, how was your flight?" He sent. Got off my flight like four days ago...

"It was okay I guess. You know I've been at my new house for like four days, right?" I sent back.

"Yes I do babe, I've just been doing things.." he texts me. Justin's just been what?

"Working with my dad." He double texts me.

I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding. "Oh, okay." I text back.

"That guy is definitely staring at you!" Vienna gushes excitedly. I click the screen off on my phone and look up. "What?" I ask, confused. "That guy over there with the tattoo's on his neck, which can I admit they are hot, is staring at you." Vienna tells me. I raise an eyebrow, "Okay?" I reply. "Okay? That's it? No, 'oh my god he's so hot'?" Vienna asks narrowing her eyes at me. "What has happened to the Carter I know and love?" Vienna continues making the swing she was sitting on move away from me.

"Justin." I reply slowly. Does she not think I'm dating anybody? "Just because I'm in a long distance relationship doesn't mean I'm going to check out guys." I tell her annoyed. She mumbles something under her breath, but I did hear Justin in that sentence.