48; Two Can Keep A Secret

3 weeks later

Carter

"Wake up! It is time for practice." I hear Tristian yell as he barged into my room.

I groan, "Leave me alone."

I hear Tristian chuckle, "C'mon, be outside in ten minutes or get cold water drenched on you."

He walked out of my room, shutting the door as I roll onto my back. I look up at the ceiling then towards the window to see the sun hasn't risen yet.

I sigh, getting up from my bed. I quickly change into some loose shorts and a random sweatshirt since it was chilly outside. We had been training every single day. Also, Vienna and I had been practicing with our magic with Aurora, Braxton, and my mother.

I brush my hair, putting it into a high ponytail. I checked my phone to see the time was exactly five. I grit my teeth as I slide on my socks and slides. Did I seriously need to wake up this early in the morning?

I walk out of my room and make my way towards the kitchen. I notice Vienna downstairs too, she was wearing shorts along with a t-shirt.

"You are going to get a cold," I mention as I make my way towards the pantry, grabbing a granola bar for myself. 

Vienna shrugs, turning around to see me as she held her phone in her hand. "I think that is the least of my problems right now."

My lips go into a thin line, not really sure how to respond to her. "Meet you outside," Vienna quickly added as she stepped outside of the slide doors.

I eat my granola bar then make my way outside. Tristian and Blake were discussing something as Vienna was talking to Braxton. Braxton noticed me and motioned me to walk over to them.

I did and stopped when I was beside Vienna, "Hey,"

"Hey, sleep well?" Braxton questioned.

I nodded, "Sure."

Honestly, I didn't get that much sleep. Due to me wondering if Landon was going to be okay. I couldn't bare to see him get hurt because of me. I cared for him too much. He had came and seen me one time. It wasn't enough to satisfy me but I wasn't going to mention it to him. I couldn't text him either, I couldn't do anything that could corrupt our plan. Landon did tell me Xavier had been working with someone very powerful which I took into consideration and told my mom which is why we were now practicing and training every single day.

"Carter," I hear someone began as I quickly blinked looking towards Tristian, "You are up."

I sigh, popping my fingers as I step onto the mat. "Wait!"

Tristian rose an eyebrow, "Yes, Carter?"

"I have to go against you!" I shake my head. "I am not trying to die."

Tristian chuckled, "I'm not going to use all my will, I will start out semi-easy."

I rolled my eyes, "If you do, I'll use all my will."

Vienna laughed as she sat against a tree and watched us. Blake was standing next to Braxton as they watched us.

Tristian was about to make the first move but Braxton quickly stopped him, "How about you do that,"