30;

Third person

After Carter and Landon had their moment of making out, they made their way back downstairs to Vienna and Xavier who were in a heated conversation. Carter thought it looked like they were arguing in a hushed tone.

Vienna and Xavier noticed Carter and Landon were back and quickly ended the conversation. "So, what did you two do up there?" Vienna smirked at Carter who blushed.

"Just had a conversation, what about you two?" Landon replies smoothly.

"Nothing." Xavier dismissed. Vienna sighed then rolled her eyes, "I'm ready to leave. You coming?" She asked Carter.

Carter nods, "Yeah."

Carter needed to get away from Landon or she would go crazy. That kiss must've done something to her. She also needed to tell Vienna what happened—and to get what her and Xavier were talking about.

"Bye," Carter tells Landon who winked at her, "Bye princess."

Xavier sighed and got up, not saying goodbye to Vienna or Carter and walked into the kitchen frustrated with everyone.

Xavier had a plan but had not told Landon. He doesn't want Landon  to go out with Carter. He is not gay—not that he doesn't like gays, there's just something deeper than what Landon knows about Vienna and Carter. Xavier is determined to figure it out, and when he does—he knows exactly what he's going to do with the information. But that story is for another time.

Vienna rolled her eyes at Xavier's actions and walked out of Landon's house without a second look. Landon raised an eyebrow noticing the distance between Xavier and Vienna just now but shrugged it off knowing how Xavier was bipolar.

Carter followed Vienna out of Landon's house and towards her car. Carter gets in the passengers seat while Vienna was already in the drivers seat.

Carter gets in, noticing Vienna's impatient face. "You okay?" Carter asks as she notices Vienna's odd actions.

"No." Vienna bluntly replies as she drives out of Landon's driveway and through the gates.

Carter furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, "Does it have to do with Xavier?"

Carter quickly noticed Vienna's eyes tearing up but no tears came out. Carter stayed quiet, wondering if Xavier had something to do with this—if he did she would walk back to Landon's place and punch him.

"He questioned me about my parents." Vienna began, her voice cracking at the end.

Carter frowned, not sure if asking her why would make the tears come out. The last thing they needed was to get into a car crash. Just the thought of that reminded her of her dad. And Carter too became upset due to the topic of parents.

"What did he ask?" Carter tempted to question.

Vienna clenched her jaw but took a deep breath, knowing that a car crash would not help this situation.

"He asked me if I knew the reason," Vienna began, "and when I said no, he told me I was lying. And that he'll find out sooner or later what I was.."

Carter furrowed her eyebrows, "What you were?"

Carter then remembered Landon telling her about werewolves and supernatural creatures. What if Vienna was one too? Carter still had yet to find out what Landon was hiding. And she was determined to find out.

"I don't know, its confusing." Vienna dismissed.

"Are you going to break up with him?"  Carter wondered.

Xavier was pissed off because he thought Vienna was lying about not knowing about her parents death. Carter was now angry at Xavier for even bringing Vienna's parents up.

Vienna then began to think about what had happened to her parents. Could the fire be a cover up? Did Xavier know something about her parents that she had not known? But how. Vienna just moved here and Xavier knows her back story, when she had never told him.

Something wasn't right. Vienna and Carter both were sure of that. As soon as Vienna pulled into the driveway to their place. Carter got out, and made her way into the house. Her mom was in the kitchen reading a newspaper that looked somewhat old. Carter called out for her mom and her mom quickly looked up, realizing Vienna and Carter were back since Vienna told her that they were going out to a restaurant.

Carter's mother quickly gets up and puts the newspaper under her seat, moments away from freaking out if Carter would have seen what she was reading, let alone Vienna. Oh, Vienna couldn't handle it. It would solve the case for Xavier though, whatever he was trying to figure out.

Carter walks into the kitchen, not noticing her mom's odd smile. "Hey mom," Carter greets her mom as Vienna walks into the kitchen as well. Carter's mom tenses up for a second but quickly relaxes as Vienna walks out after saying a quick 'his' to Jenny (Carter's mom).

"Mom, why are you so tense?" Carter had noticed. Her mother turned her gaze to her daughter. "Just a bit tired."

"Go get some sleep then?" Carter replies. If only Carter had known her mom hadn't slept last night, or the night before that. She barely ever got sleep, but she covered it up with makeup and a fake smile. Which had gone successfully hidden from Vienna and Carter.

Jenny's mind went back to what happened, the exact day, where she was, and how she could've prevented this. She blamed herself for her husbands death. If she never gave her powers to Andrea, no one would've came for her husband to get to her.

Jenny quickly stood up as the paper swiftly swayed onto the tiled floor, moving closer to Carter's feet. Carter looks down as her mother cleared her throat, "Can you give me that?"

Carter picks up the paper slowly, reading the title, "Death of Andrea Flame and Christopher Rose"

"Mom?" Carter questioned as her eyes roamed the paper. There was writing along the sides where there was space, arrows pointing to paragraphs, all in Carter's moms hand writing. Before Carter could even read the first sentence, her mom snatched the newspaper out of her hand.

"Why do you have that?" Carter began, shocked that her mom never showed Vienna or her the newspaper. Carter had never seen that newspaper in her life. Why did her mom have it now?

"It's nothing!" Her mom snapped.

Carter furrowed her eyebrows at her mom's sudden outburst. "Does Vienna know about you having that?" Carter questioned.

"No, and she won't know. You can't tell her." Carter's mom replied strictly.

"Why?"

"Because I said so!" Jenny beamed.

"Let me see the newspaper then." Carter replied bluntly.

Jenny shook her head, "No."

"Okay, then I'll tell Vienna about you having this." Carter pressed on.

Jenny sighs, "You would be confused, you would need to know the whole story."

Carter furrowed her eyebrows, confused. Her head was beginning to hurt. "Let's go to my room," Jenny announced.

Jenny quickly made her way to her room upstairs as Carter trailed behind, wondering what the whole story was. Did someone cause Vienna's parents to die? Let alone be murdered?