14; Blood Bank

Carter

  I walk into my house and lock the door behind me. For some unknown reason it didn't feel like anything was wrong with me, but there was. My stomach felt like it hurt but physically, it didn't hurt.

I felt fine.

I yawn and set my backpack on the couch and make my way towards the kitchen since I didn't eat breakfast this morning.

I go to the pantry and grab goldfish. I walk back into the living room and sit on the couch. I didn't have any homework, I think, so I decided to just watch Greys Anatomy on Netflix. No one else was here, since Vienna was still at school and my mom was still at work.

My phone then went off notifying me that someone texted me. I grab my phone from my backpack and open the message up from Vienna.

"Where are you?" she texted me.

"Home, my stomach started hurting." I reply back.

"oh" she texted back. She then sent me another message, "Who am I going to go home with now?"

I sigh, she should know the answer. "Xavier, or if you need me to, I'll come pick you up."

She reads my message but doesn't reply. I set my phone on the table and begin watching the show.

Vienna

I groan as I sat next to Xavier. "Where's Carter?" Xavier asks me. I shrug, "Home, sick."

Someone slams the door closed and I look up at the noise to see Nathan walk in. "Oh, he is angry," I whisper to Xavier who chuckled.

Nathan sits next to my table and glances at me. I raise an eyebrow as he turns his head back to the teacher who began the lesson.

I look over to Xavier to see him staring at Nathan. "Trade me seats."

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion, "Why?"

"I don't trust him." Xavier exclaims as he nods his head towards Nathan.

"Him? He's not a bad guy." I reply still confused.

Xavier sighs, "Please?" 

"Fine." I mumble and trade him seats as the teacher pays no attention to us.

"Wheres Landon? I thought he was in this class." I ask Xavier.

He shrugs, "No clue where he's at. Maybe he went to check on Carter."

"Does he like her?" I ask as I hold back the smirk that was trying to be uncovered on my face.

Xavier chuckles and looks at me, "No," he began "He doesn't like anyone." Xavier breaks eye contact with me, "He chooses not to, he can't trust anyone."

"Best advice from me, is to just tell Carter to stay away from him." Xavier states. I frown, "Thanks for the advice I guess."

"Wait," he glances at me and furrows his eyebrows, "Does Carter like him?"

I shake my head no, "No I don't think so. I think she likes Nathan."

"Oh." Xavier mumbled.

I glance at Nathan to see him smirk.