36; Watch Yourself

Carter

"Bye mom!" I yell upstairs as I grab my backpack. Vienna runs downstairs, "Sorry, sorry,"

I nod, "We are gonna be late because of you." she jokingly glared at me as she grabbed her orange juice.

I then hear the someone jogging down the steps and look up to my mom. "Wait!" She stops us.

"Mom, we are going to be late." I sigh as I cross my arms impatiently.

"You guys need to wear these at all times. It'll protect you from vampires and werewolves. It's a protection spell against them." My mom tells us as she holds out two bracelets.

One gold and one silver.

I grab the gold one as Vienna grabbed the silver one. I quickly slip it on my wrist as Vienna does too.

"Thanks, love you mom" I quickly hug her and walk towards the garage. Vienna says something to Jenny and quickly followed behind me.

We stop at Starbucks on the way to school to get Vienna a vanilla iced latte and me a double chocolate chip frappe.

"See you at lunch," Vienna says and walks towards her class.

I wave back and make my way to the science classroom as the warning bell rung.

I walk into the science classroom as the final bell rung and made my way towards my seat next to Landon, who was not there, thankfully.

I grab my notebook from my backpack and began writing the notes that were on the board.

Just then the classroom door opened revealing Landon. He looked like he had just woke up, he was wearing sweatpants and a red hoodie.

He looked adorable, wait no! I am dating Justin, I can't think like that. He looked up at me and I averted my eyes away from him.

The teacher looked over to him and sighed, "Landon, if your late again then you got detention."

Landon rolled his eyes and made his way to his seat and sat down beside me. I saw from the corner of my eye that he was looking at me and turned my head to look at him. "Staring is rude." I comment.

"I was reading the notes, not looking at you." Landon retorted as he looked away from me and grabbed his notebook.

I roll my eyes and continued with my notes. Something was pulling me towards Landon. But I'm with Justin, I'm happily with Justin. Landon is a vampire after all.

**************

Vienna

No one was in the hallways due to the bell ringing a couple minutes before. I stayed back a little to collect some extra credit work to boost my grade up. I scroll through Instagram as I slowly made my way towards the cafeteria.

That was until I was pushed into the lockers, dropping my phone onto the floor.

I close my eyes from the impact on my back as the metal pressed against my spine began to hurt. I opened my eyes and tried to push the person off of me.