25; safety first

CARTER

I texted Vienna as I get tired of waiting, I told Landon to quietly follow me upstairs so my mom does not see a teenage boy sneaking into my room. "Nice outfit, princess." Landon whispers next to me. I look down at my outfit to realize I was still in my black sweatpants and tank top. My face heats up in embarrassment. "Shut up."

He chuckles as we make our way to Vienna's room. I knock on her door then walk in, followed by Landon. "Hey V," I begin as she looks up from her phone. She smiles at Landon, "Hey,"

A sudden sting made its way to my heart....Jealousy?

Of course not! I do not have feelings for Landon.

"Instead of staying in, do you want to go out with Landon and Xavier?" I ask her as I lean against her smooth, burgundy colored wall.

She glanced down at her phone. "Yeah sure, but Carter..." Vienna trails off and glances at Landon then back to me. I furrow my eyebrows, "What?"

"He texted me, he wants to speak to you." Vienna informs me.

Justin?

"Who?" I question, wanting to know if I was correct but-

"Justin." Vienna cuts my thoughts off.

I take a breath in, "Whose Justin?" Landon wondered as he stared down at me with his piercing blue eyes.

"No one important," I dismiss.

Vienna raises an eyebrow at me, "let's go, shall we?"

Landon nods and we three make our way downstairs. I turn to him, "Just wait in the car while I tell my mom."

Landon slowly nods and makes his way towards the door. I wait till he closes it back and make my way to the kitchen with Vienna. "He is totally into you." Vienna tells me excitedly.

I send her a look that means 'shut up or you'll regret it'.

She smirks at me as we enter the kitchen, they all were just talking. I slowly walk over to my mom and sit beside her, "I'm going out since it's Halloween."

"Why?" She furrows her eyebrows, "With Landon..Was that his name?"

I blush, "A couple of my friends."

"So Landon is going?" My mom wonders.

I nod slowly, "He is.."

"When will I get to meet him?" My mom asks.

I shrug, "I'm not dating him so I don't know why you need to meet him,"

"Well your not going dressed like that?" My mom looks me up and down, changing the subject.

I widen my eyes, SHE IS RIGHT.

"You are correct...I was just about to go change, bye mom." I tell her and quickly walk out of the kitchen with Vienna. "I can't believe I didn't notice what you were wearing. And in front of Landon?!" Vienna vacillated as she looked me up and down.

I shrug, "I forgot,"

"Well, Let's hurry up and get you a cute outfit, Landon is waiting on us." Vienna hurries as she rushes upstairs.

I laugh lowly and grab my phone to text Landon to give us around five minute. After I text him, he responds with 'Okay'. I walk into my room as I put my phone back into my pocket. Vienna was going through my closet while clothes were being flung behind her. "VIENNA!" I shout as I notice the mess she has made in my room, which used the be clean. She looks up at me then glances behind her and shrugs, "I am trying to find you a decent outfit, what are we doing?"

I shrug, "I don't know."

She sighs, "Alright, I got it!"

I raise an eyebrow at her as she stands back up and grabs something from my closet, she turns to me with a big grin on her face. She was holding up a pair of tight black jeans and a long sleeve crop top that had no writing on it, yet the color was maroon. she chucks the clothes my way which I quickly grab from the air.

I make my way to the bathroom and quickly change.

After I change, I make my way back to my room then throw my previous clothes into the dirty clothes basket. As my other clothes were still everywhere. Vienna was sitting on my bed on her phone, I grab my black converse and slip them on over my socks. "Oh shit, get it girl!" Vienna beamed as she looks me up and down, examining my outfit. 

I smile, satisfied. "Thanks, now lets go." 

We made our way down the stairs and towards the door. "Bye mom!" I yell and walk out to Landon's SRT Challenger, which was all black with tinted windows. He was leaning against on his phone, which I may add, he looked hot as hell. 

NO! Carter, stop that.

I sigh and walk to his car as Vienna followed beside me. Landon looks up from his phone and smiles, "What happened to your previous outfit?" He questions. 

"You liked it?" Vienna wondered as she rose an eyebrow at Landon. 

Landon nodded as he glanced at Vienna then back to me, "It was cute," 

Vienna smirks at us then open the backseat car door and gets in, shutting the car door back. Landon gets the memo and coughs lowly. "Well, let's go get Xavier.." He trails off then opens the passengers door for me. 

I smile and get in. "Thanks."

He shakes his head, "No problem," 

He shuts the passengers door and walks over to his side, the drivers side and gets in. He starts the car as the engine roars. He glances at me then at Vienna. He sighs, "Good job Vienna,"  He commented. I raise an eyebrow, as Vienna gives Landon a confused look. "What?' She questioned. 

"Your seat belt. You have it on, unlike Carter." Landon states. 

Vienna chuckled, "I'm always more safe," 

I sigh, "Yeah, yeah,"

Landon turns to me, waiting. 

I narrow my eyes at him, "Your seat belt isn't on either," 

Landon moves his hand towards my seat as he continues to look me in the eyes, he slowly reaches over me and grabs the seat belt and swiftly moves it around me, as his hand gently traces against my waist, thanks crop top, as he puts the seat belt around me and clicks it into the lock. Not taking his eyes off of me, he narrowed his eyes at me, "Safety first, we wouldn't want anyone getting hurt?" 

I nod slowly, "Y-Yeah.."

Landon sits back in his seat as he puts his seat belt on and chuckles, "Let's go get Xavier," 

I cough and quickly grab my phone. I notice I had a message from Nathan, I furrow my eyebrows and open the message. 

"Do you honestly think it was a good idea to leave your mom here alone...with us?" Nathans message read.

"What?" i reply back.

"I could kill your mom," Nathan texts me.

"I could even kidnap her to get to you." Nathan double texted me. 

I begin to quietly panic. He wouldn't go that far! Would he? Well he is a werewolf..

"You okay Carter?" Landon wondered. 

I nod, "Yeah, why wouldn't I be okay? Do I not look okay?" 

Landon glances at me as he drives towards Xavier's place, I'm guessing. 

"Just wondering.." He trails off. 

Vienna then coughs, "So, Landon," 

Landon looks at her through the mirror, "Yes?" 

"Do you like anyone?" Vienna wondered. 

Landon was silent for a moment which made me glance at him. He glances at me then looks away, "No, why do you ask?" He deadpanned. 

I look away and slowly frown for some odd reason. 

"Just a question," Vienna ended the conversation not very pleased with Landon's answer.