09; So Third Wheeling!

Carter

"Oh my god, guess who just texted me!" I hear Vienna yell as she runs downstairs. I sigh and pause the movie I was watching.

"Who?" I question. "Xavier!" she replies. I cover my ears, "Alright, no need to yell."

She rolls her eyes and sits on the other couch. "He invited me and you to a party this Friday." "You mean tomorrow?" I ask.

"Yeah." she replies.

"Pass," I state.

Vienna widens her eyes, "What?!"

I turn to her, "I said pass. I don't feel like going."

"That's lame! C'mon, maybe Nathan will be there." Vienna tries to convince me. I roll my eyes, "And?" what did Nathan have to do with any of this.

"He is totally into you," Vienna claims. I shake my head, "No, he isn't?" I reply, my answer coming out more as a question.

"Yes he is!" Vienna starts again and I start to get annoyed. "Please stop."

"alright." she sighs.

"Well, will you go?" Vienna asks. I sigh, "If I say yes, then you can't embarrass me in front of Nathan." I state and she lifts up an eyebrow, "So you care about if I embarrass you in front of him," she smirks.

I roll my eyes, "You know what I mean."

"Okay, so that's a yes?" Vienna asks and crosses her fingers. I sigh and nod, "I guess."

"Yay!" Vienna yells. "This is gonna be interesting."

"Totally." I reply sarcastically, "Like I said; No embarrassing me."

"Alright alright, I won't." Vienna replies and puts her hands up in defeat. I roll my eyes, "You better not, or I will kill you."

"The party is tomorrow, Xavier will pick us up." Vienna tells me. "ugh! That means I have to third wheel." I groan.

"Shut up, you won't."  Vienna tells me. I shake my head, "Yeah right!" "You'll have Nathan!" Vienna tries to help the situation. I shake my head, "You don't even know if he'll be there!"  I tell her and she sighs, "Hopefully he will be."

Hopefully.

********************

Friday

"Can't wait for later!" Vienna tells me as I pull into the parking lot at school. "Of course you can't." I retort as she hits my shoulder. I get out of the car and Vienna comes up beside me. "Vienna!" I hear a deep voice yell and I turn towards the voice to see Xavier.

Vienna smiles and waves at him as he motions for her to walk towards him. Vienna turns to me and smiles, "Go." I say and her smile becomes bigger. "Yay, talk to you later!" she walks towards Xavier as he smiles. I'm definitely third wheeling.

I walk towards the front entrance and walk inside as the cold breeze hits me. Have I mentioned it's freezing in the fucking school? Well it is.

"Hey new girl!" I hear someone yell. I turn towards the sound and see Andrew? One of the twins from the lunch table with Nathan.