13; Yellow

Carter

I realize I was late and make my way towards tardy hall. I sigh and slowly step inside the room.

No one was in here, not even the teacher. I get an idea and make my way towards what looked like the teachers desk.

I see a tardy note and grab it. I turn around quickly to see Landon standing at the door. "What are you doing?" I ask suspiciously.

"Oh, nothing. I was late too, so I came to tardy hall." He shrugged and then smirked at me, "Did you just take a tardy note from the teachers desk, kitten?"

I shake my head, "Of course not," I lie. He raises an eyebrow and steps forward which resulted into me stepping backwards, starting to get nervous.

"Whats in your hand then?" He asks. I look down to see the pink paper in my hand revealed. "Uh-" I start but Landon swiftly takes the pink paper out of my hand. I look at him shocked, "Give me that back!"

"I don't want to," he replied, still smirking. I sigh, "Please.."

His smirk falls somewhat, "Hold on," he grabs the paper and writes something on it then hands it back to me. I pull the paper out of his hand but he quickly grabbed my wrist softly and stared down at it.

"Who did this kitten?" he asked softly as he stared at the red fingerprints still on my wrist from when Nathan harshly grabbed them.

"Um-I-Uh," I stutter as I watch his jaw clench. "Carter, don't even think about lying to me."

"Its nothing," I muttered, before Landon could reply a teacher walked in. "What are you two doing in here?" the teacher asked.

He was bald and had plain brown eyes. He was wearing a black polo and some jeans that were baggy on him.

"Sorry sir, we came to the wrong room." Landon inquired. The teacher rose an eyebrow, "Is that so?"

Landon nodded, "Yes."

"Well I'll have to report you two, because I know that you are indeed lying." the teacher replied as he narrowed his eyes at Landon.

Landon rolled his eyes and stepped closer to the teacher.

What the hell is he doing?!?

The teacher continued to stare down at him, "You got something to say boy?"

"Listen, we came to the wrong room by accident. You will not report us because we didn't do any of this sort of purpose. Now please, if you could write us a note for class that would be expected" Landon told the teacher as they stared into each other's eyes.

The teacher then blinked and nodded, "I will not report you two. I will write you two tardy notes for coming to the wrong room."

I furrow my eyebrows, what just happened?

Landon grinned and stepped back, "Glad we could settle this situation."

I step up next to Landon to see him turn to me. "What was that?" I ask and furrow my eyebrows.

He chuckled, "I have my ways kitten."

He took the notes from the teacher and we walk out of the classroom. I sigh and throw the note I had away since it was already crumbled up. Landon hands me the tardy slip as he stuffs the other one in his pocket.