40; Be Careful What You Say

Carter

"My parents do not like you," I admit as I glance at Landon who was laying next to me on my bed.

He shrugs, "Witches usually dislike us, nothing new."

"I never said my mom was a witch!" I groan.

"I know.." Landon began as he turned to me, "But that's the only way to reverse compulsion."

"There's no other way?" I wonder as I turned over to look at him.

He shakes his head, "There is only one other way but that definitely didn't happen to you."

"There's another way?!" I feel rage rise in me. I went through all that pain to find out there was another way!

"Yeah..If you become a vampire." Landon look me in my eyes, "Which clearly you are not."

Nevermind then..

"Oh." I look down, "How do I know for sure that you are on my side?"

Landon went silent.

"You have my word," Landon stated.

I narrow my eyes at him, "That's not good enough."

"Why isn't it?" Landon furrowed his eyebrows.

"Like I said; you are best friends with Xavier, you may be taking his side!" I addressed.

"Tell me one reason, one actual reason why you shouldn't trust me." Landon raises an eyebrow.

I think for a moment. When did he give me the option to dislike him? He compelled me to supposedly keep me protected. He came to my rescue when Nathan tried to bite me. He also helped Vienna against Xavier.

Maybe I should trust him, he hasn't given me a good reason not to, nor has he hurt me.

I sigh, "Alright, your word is enough." I look down, "You've earned my trust."

I look up and see Landon smile at me, "Thank god,"

I couldn't help but smile, I missed talking to him. It felt so long for some reason—mostly because Justin had compelled me to dislike him. But why? Why would he need to do that?

"So, your mom is a witch?" Landon asks again.

I slowly nod, "She is indeed,"

"And she reversed the compulsion," Landon muttered.

I nodded again, "She did."

"Am I the only person who—" He began but coughed and looked away from me, "Compelled you?"

"No." I bluntly reply.

His head snaps to me, "No?"

"No. Justin compelled me, like I told you earlier. Also...." I stop suddenly. He is close friends with Talon, and I don't know how he'd react to his friend compelling me. Well, he should have never compelled me. "Talon compelled me too,"