32; crazy ex

Third person

As Carter quickly averted out of the school, she made her way towards her car. She decided to not text Vienna or her mom about it because Vienna would probably ditch with her too but that's not what she wanted, she wanted to be alone. After all, she couldn't even face Vienna after what she had found out.

She got into her car and drove home, not before stopping at Starbucks to get a Vanilla Frappe.

She grabbed her backpack and got out of her car. She glanced around the street and then walked towards the front door with her keys dangling in her hand that was holding her drink.

She moved the drink into her other hand and unlocked the door and stepped in, chucking her backpack near the wall. She continued into the house, shutting the door with her foot.

She then got a message from Vienna. She moved towards the kitchen, sitting her drink down, along with her keys and grabbed her phone. She opened the message and widened her eyes at the message.

"Xavier broke up with me." It read.

It couldn't be because of Landon? What if he decided to run away? So Xavier would follow along! She thought it was her fault, but it wasn't.

Carter then heard a loud noise come from upstairs. Her head snapped towards the stairs. Forgetting to text Vienna back, she makes her way towards the stairs.

She walks towards her room to see her door closed. She slowly opens it and walks in. Nothing different.

She sighs and turns around, heading towards her moms room. She slowly approaches the door and puts her hand on the handle, since the door was closed.

She slowly begins to open it, then rushes in to see....nothing. She lets her eyes roam around the room. She didn't know how her mom's room looked so she couldn't tell if anything was different.

She walked towards her mom's bathroom and seen the door closed, every door was closed. Odd.

She opens the door and turns the light on. A bad feeling set in her head. She walks in completely to the door getting slammed shut behind her. She screams and turns around quickly to see him. She widens her eyes and backs up. "Carter, this could've been settled earlier." He begins as the gun was pointed at her. She inhales a sharp breath, "What are you doing?!"

He smirks at her, "I want you to understand how much I love you. And that it pains me to make it go down like this."

"You cheated on me!" She yelled getting angry.

"It wasn't my fault!" He yelled back, getting angrier.

"How is it not?!" She kept her eyes pierced onto the gun.

"Melanie kissed me." He began.

Carter was tempted to roll her eyes but knew better in this life or death situation. "You kissed her back."

He went silent for a moment, trying to come up with a reply. "How and why are you even here?" Carter finally asked.

He looked up, "I have my ways and I came to get you back."

"With a weapon." Carters clipped tone didn't go unnoticed by him as he narrowed his eyes at her. "Im not going to use it unless I need to."

"And why would you need to, Justin?" Carter questioned.

He took a step closer to her, "I want you and I always get what I want."

Carter scoffs, "You'll have to shoot me before you'll get me."

Justin rose and eyebrow, tempted. "You really want Vienna and your mom to come home and see you dead on the floor? I don't think your mom could handle another death in the family. Pretty selfish of you,"

Carter blinked a couple times, what was wrong with Justin? He never had acted like this. Carter decided to stay quiet on this one, a sudden pain jolting through her body at the indirect mention of her dad.

"What do you want?" Carter asked flatly.

"You to come with me," Justin replied.

Carter rolled her eyes, "Why?"

"Because we should be together." Justin smirked.

Carter scoffed once again. Which set off Justin because she heard the gun clock. She stared at Justin, trying not to show any emotion. "I'm getting tired of your fucking attitude, so lets go now before I force you to."

Carter was no match to Justin. He had muscles, not as big as Landon's but that not the point. Carter began to slowly move towards Justin and put her hands up. "Fine, I'll go with you. Just put the gun away."

Justin smiled, liking the answer and put the gun on safety, then in his jeans.

He wraps his arms around her as she mentally vomits, she despised Justin after what he did to her. She wasn't like some people who runs after their partner after they had cheated on them. No, that's just idiotic.

Carter snapped back into reality as Justin's lips moved on hers. She then realized she liked Landon's much more than Justins. Even though she shouldn't.

After Justin had zoned out into the kissing, she quickly opens her eyes and pushes Justins head into the mirror, resulting into the mirror shattering everywhere.

Justin glared at Carter as Carter grabbed a piece of the sharp mirror shards as Justin pushed her back into the wall harshly.

"I thought you were going to make this easy." Justin began as he went to grab his gun. Carter inhaled a breath and quickly went to stab him but he quickly caught her hand and twisted it, making her turn around and being pushed against the wall, the mirror shard falling out of her hand. Justins head was bleeding from where she had smashed his head into the mirror.

"Nice stunt, Carter." Justin scoffed as Carter continued to breathe heavily.

"Let's go now." He continued as he held tightly to Carters wrists.

"Let me go!" Carter yelled and tried to breakaway from Justin.

Justin chuckled, "Why try?"

"I don't want to be with you. I hate you!" Carter yelled as she felt Justin's grip loosen. Carter quickly broke away from Justin's grip and began running down the steps.

Justin clenched his jaw tightly and ran after her, pulling his gun back out. "Stop!" He shouted as she turned into the kitchen. Justin followed behind quickly as she ran out the back door.

She turned the corner to go through the front as Justin made the turn he saw her struggling to unlock the gate to get to the front door. But the lock was jammed at the moment. Carter had no other way out, so she helplessly and foolishly tried to get the gate to unlock as Justin walked towards her since there was no reason to run.

He moved the gun to be pointed at her and took it off safety. "Now, Carter, you are pissing me off."

Carter gulped as she turned to look at him, disappointed she couldn't get the gate unlocked. Defeated.

"Why?" Carters voice cracked.

Justin stared at her for a moment, "I just want you to be with me." "I don't want to be with you though." Carter fumed. Justin began walking towards her as she tried to make a run for it, Justin barely missed as he tripped her and then hit her with the gun, making her pass out.