03; Movie Night and School

Carter

"Christopher never looked so good," Vienna gushes as we watch him sing on tv.

I nod, "oh shit, concert time." I reply.

"I'm no super man, I can take your hand!" I bolt out the lyrics to Hero. "And fly you anywhere you wanna go yeah" Vienna continues the lyrics. "I can read your mind like a billboard sign and tell you everything you wanna hear but," I continue also.

"I'll be your herooo!" We both sing.

I grab my phone and look at the time. 11:59pm

"Ugh, I should probably go lay down. I don't need to fall asleep on my first day of school here." I sigh.

"Sleep is for the weak." Vienna replies. "You'll regret that in the morning." I retort. I stand up from the couch and walk to my room.

        *********

"Wake up, Carter!!" I hear my mom yell. I groan and pull a pillow over my face. I push it down. Please kill me now.

"Now!" I hear my mom yell once again, irritated written in her voice.

I roll my eyes and pull the pillow away from my face. "I'm up," I mumble as I rub my eyes. A yeah escapes my mouth and I stand up. "Shit," I almost yell as my feet come in contact with the cold floor.

I grab my phone from the charger and check the time.  6:10am

I roll my eyes and walk towards the bathroom to take a shower.

After I took my hot shower, I change into a pair of light blue washed ripped jeans, a plain black shirt, and my maroon Sk8er Boy Vans.

I unwrap the towel around my head to let my damp hair fall onto my shoulders.

I go on my phone and play music on shuffle. Eyes Closed by Halsey comes on. I blow dry my hair then straighten it. I put mascara and eyeliner on then stand up, grabbing my phone. I grab my black backpack and walk downstairs.

I check the time again to see 7:00am

I sigh, slipping my phone into my back pocket. I walk towards the kitchen to notice my mom drinking coffee while on her laptop scrolling through Facebook. Typical.

I make my way towards the pantry and grab a granola bar. "Hey mom," I greet. She smiles at me, "morning sweetie,"

Vienna then walks into the kitchen wearing light blue ripped jeans and a black T-shirt with roses all over it. "Yo bish" Vienna says looking at my outfit. "I like, I like,"

I roll my eyes and laugh, "Always wearing roses I see."

"Okay well, school starts at 7:50(am) so go now before you both are late." My mom tells us, sipping her coffee. "alright, bye Jenny. love you." Vienna tells my mom. "Love you V,"

"Bye Mom love you," I tell her grabbing my backpack off the chair I had sit it on from getting my granola bar.

"Love you too C."