58; Game Of Survival

"Maybe I should torture Landon in front of you to get you to start talking?" Elijah rose an eyebrow as he took a swig of his drink from the glass cup.

Carter shrugged, slightly out of breath. She had found out that Elijah was a hybrid; part demon, part warlock. He wanted to take human souls to become more powerful, and take Andrea's power to make his warlock side more powerful than he already was. He had a whole army of demons that are doomed to become his sire, he just needs more power. 

"I don't care about Landon," Carter spat as she stared up at Elijah. 

"You sure?" Elijah bent down to be eye level with her, trying to see if she had been lying. "You know I'm going really easy on you right now so you should thank me about that."

Carter scoffed. "Yeah, pressuring pain into my head is going easy on me." 

Elijah stood back up, "Your attitude needs to go away. It is pissing me off," 

Carter was about to give a smart remark but Landon eruptively walked into the room, his eyes landing on Carter briefly, but switched back to Elijah. "You asked for me?" 

Elijah shortly nodded, glancing down at Carter. Elijah rested his hand on Landon's shoulder, turning away from Carter so she couldn't hear the conversation. "Yes, I need you to find out where Andrea's power is."

"How am I supposed to do that?" Landon narrowed his eyes, "She knows I am on your side." 

Elijah smirked, "Does she really though?" 

Landon furrowed his eyebrows, "I literally just brought her back to you." 

Elijah scoffed slightly, "She still believes in you, don't fuck this up."

Before Landon could disagree, Elijah disappeared, leaving Carter and Landon alone in complete silence. 

Carter brought her knees to her chest, running a hand through her messy hair, pushing it to one side. "I didn't tell him." 

Landon stared down at her, "What?"

Carter looked up at him, catching his eye. Neither of them refusing to look away. "You heard what I said."

"I know it was you that did it the first time," Carter continued, finally breaking eye contact with him.

"Why didn't you tell him?" Landon wondered.

Carter chuckled lightly, "Why didn't you?" 

Landon sighed, sitting in front of her. "Listen, I am sorry."

Carter stared at him for a moment, "Why?

Landon rose an eyebrow, "What?"

Carter shook her head, "You are not sorry, I trusted you with my life, Landon. You are a traitor, just looking at you makes me want to-" 

Carter was cut off by Landon, "Punch me? Do it." 

Carter gulped, "No."

Landon moved closer to her, "Why not?"

Carter took in a sharp breath, "I don't hurt the people I love." 

Landon was taken back from her words, his feelings soon hitting him hard, Elijah's spell slowly waring off. Landon looked around slowly, Carter stared at him weirdly. 

"I don't need your pity party, If you think I'm going to give you Andrea's power, you are wrong. You'll have to kill me-" Carter began to ramble but Landon quickly pulled her to him and kissed her gently.

Carter leaned into the kiss slowly, but quickly pulled back. "What are you doing?!"

Landon rose an eyebrow but slightly smiled, "I have an idea."