12; No

Carter

"Wait, how are you going to get to your house?" I ask as he pulls up into my driveway.

"Walk," he replies. "Do you live close?" I ask and he doesn't respond for a few seconds then nods, "Yeah, I live close."

"Alright," I mumble and get out of my car as Landon does too. I almost fall onto the ground but Landon was swiftly in front of me. "H-How did you do that?" I ask and he chuckles but raises an eyebrow, "You were all the way over there now your here?" I say pointing to the drivers side then to where we were.

"Are you okay?" He asks, narrowing his eyes at me. He did that alot. I furrow my eyebrows, "No,"

He sighs, "Whats wrong?"

I think for a bit, there was alot wrong. Like the fact that Justin cheated on me.

"Eh, alot" I reply at last. My drunken self is getting really tired.

He frowns at that, "Okay..."

He hands me my keys and smiles softly, "You should go inside, get some sleep, you look like a wreck." then smirks.

I roll my eyes, "Fuck you."

"When?" he retorts and I groan, "Shut up."

I wave to him and he smiles back, and starts walking down the sidewalk. I slowly walk up to the front door, slowly going up the steps so I don't fall.

Wait! Vienna!

I quickly search for my phone and find it in my back pocket. I sit on the steps and call her.

"Hello?" I hear Vienna say through the phone.

"Vienna! Hey sorry I left, I forgot to tell you, Landon took me home." I say in one breath.

"Oh...I'm on my way there so..where are you?" she asks. "Sitting on the steps, obviously." I reply and giggle a bit as I look up at the front door.

"You are drunk." she states. "Obviously." I retort.

She then hangs up and I gasp dramatically, "This bitch did not just hang up on me." I mumble, glaring at my phone.

A car pulls up in the driveway and I look up to see Vienna get out of the car.

"You hung up on me!" I yell at her. She rolls her eyes, "I was pulling up to the driveway!"

"Whatever." I sigh. "I'm spending the night at Xavier's house tonight. I just needed to get some clothes." She tells me, walking up to the steps.

I groan and lay back onto the patio, "You are leaving me." 

"Go to Landon's house." I hear her mumble. "Excuse me?" I reply. She laughs, "I'm kidding."

I get up and walk through the front door. All the lights were off. I turn on my phone's flashlight and make my way to my room, crawling up the steps.

"What are you doing?" Vienna whispers to me as she catches up to me. I stand up as I go up the last step and grin. "Nothing."

She shakes her head and continues walking towards her room.

I walk into my room and slowly make my way towards my bed, not even wanting to change out of my clothes into something comfortable. I soon fell into a peaceful sleep.

************

Throughout the weekend I really didn't do anything, I winded up having a major hangover after the party Friday. Vienna stayed at Xavier's for the weekend, leaving me home alone as my mom had to work.

Now it was back to Monday, and I'm in the car on my way to school. Nathan hasn't texted me, but I did text him once. Saying good morning but all he did was open it, which I don't get why he didn't respond..

I pull into the parking lot and slowly grab my backpack and get out of my car. I yawn, as I almost was late to school.

I make my way towards the school, when someone harshly grabs my wrist. I snap my gaze to the person and frown realizing who it was.

"Nathan?" I start but realization hit me as my wrist started to hurt. I try to pull my wrist away from him but his hand would not release the tight grip around my wrist. "Let go of my wrist!" I say. He rolls his eyes and pulls me towards the side of the school. "I swear to god if you do not let go of my wrist—" I start but Nathan spins around and pushes me up against the wall, his pupils growing smaller.

"You'll what?! Call for Landon to help you?" he mocks. I furrow my eyebrows and push him off of me. His hand slips off my wrist as he stands straight, "What is your deal?" I ask as he narrows his eyes at me. "Why are you acting like this?" I continue.

"Don't think that I don't know about you and Landon at the party on Friday." He replies and I raise an eyebrow, "What?"

"Landon took you home from the party." He states obviously. "And?" I reply, he is seriously not getting angry over Landon taking my drunken self home from the party.

"And?!" he yells as his eyes start to flicker with yellow in them but he closes his eyes quickly and turns around.

Am I still drunk?

"You could've called me," Nathan states calmly. "Your not anybody to tell me to do so, if I want Landon to take me home. When I was fucking drunk, then I can. You cannot tell me what to do." I reply getting angry.

He turns around and makes eye contact with me. No sign of any yellow in them.

I step closer to him, still looking into his eyes. "Why were your eyes just yellow?" 

He looked at me shock for a second then covered it up with a confused look. "W-What?"

"Don't play dumb with me." I say, I really hope I wasn't hallucinating.

"I don't know what your talking about.." Nathan starts, stepping closer to me. He grabs onto my shoulders and looks me dead in the eye. "Stay away from Landon, or I'll make you do so.

I look at his hands on my shoulders and look up at him. "No,"

"No?" he asks raising an eyebrow.

"No." I state.

He presses down onto my shoulders and I tense up, I wouldn't let him know it hurt.

"You have no idea what I could do to you," he whispers to me and pushes me against the wall.

I gulp, "This isn't the Nathan I know."

"Of course it isn't, just alittle twist to Nathan." Nathan says and chuckles.

He leans closer to my face and I close my eyes. His hands were then released from around my  shoulders. I open my eyes to see Nathan laying across the side of the school. I look around and no one was in sight. My face swirls up in confusion. What the fuck just happened?

I realize I should probably go inside since I'm already late since Nathan kept me back. I sigh and stretch my arms, a bruise was starting to form on my wrist that Nathan had a hold of.