34; What could be worse?

Vienna

I slowly opened my eyes to hear my phone ringing. I groan mentally and reach out for it on the otherside of my bed. I quickly found it and answered the phone, ignoring who was on the screen.

"Hello?" I groan.

"Hey, did I wake you you honey?" I hear Jenny's voice question.

I sigh, "Nah, I was cat-napping, I needed to get up anyways.."

"Oh okay, are you at home?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Is Carter there? She hasn't been answering my calls.." Jenny asks, I hear the hint of worry in her voice.

"Umm, I'll go check and see if she is. I'll text you and let you know." I inform her.

"Okay, I'll be home soon. Maybe we all can go out to a nice restaurant. Anyways love you bye," Jenny concluded.

"Sounds like a plan, love you too, bye." I finished and hung up. I let my phone slip out of my hand and land on my bed as I raise from my very comfortable bed and stand up.

I walked towards my body mirror and stare at my reflection. I looked like shit. I had feelings for Xavier, of course which was the reason why I dated him. But I wasn't in love.

It still hurt though. My hair was a hurricane so I decided to put it in a messy bun. I walked out of my room shortly after and walked into Carter's room.

I see her laying in her bed, sleeping silently.

I smile, she looks so peaceful sleeping. Let's ruin it! I run and jump on her bed next to her and she tumbles off.

I laugh at that as she groans. "What the fuck," I hear her mumble.

I slide off her bed and stand above her, "My bad,"

She looks up at me and rolls her eyes, "Asshole."

"Mom's trying to call you," I put my hand out for her to grab a hold of which she does and I pull her up. "She wants to go to dinner."

"Oh, that's nice." She replies and sits on her bed.

"You good?" I question her. She nods, "Yeah, you?"

"Besides what happened earlier, yeah I'm good." I insisted.

She furrowed her eyebrows and looked at me, "What happened earlier?"

I raise an eyebrow at her, "Xavier broke up with me."

She gasped, "What!"

I nod slowly, "You seen my message that I sent you earlier."

"I did?" She mumbles and grabs her phone.

"Oh, I didn't remember.." She sighs, I watch her cautiously. "I just woke up, my mind isn't working." She jokes.

I nod, "Are you still talking to Landon?"

"No." She replies quickly.

"Why not?" I questioned doubtfully.

"I'm with Justin again." She snapped.

I frown at her sudden behavior, "No need to catch an attitude. Why are you with him?"

"None of your business." She disclosed.

I roll my eyes, "He's just going to cheat on you again."

"He's not like that anymore." She snapped, standing up from her bed.

"You wanna bet?" I snickered.