42; Helplessly fell for you

Carter

"Are you positive your mom isn't going to try to put a spell on me?" Landon questioned for the sixth time during the car ride back to my house.

I sigh getting out of the car, "Landon, if I was her, I'd snap your neck."

Landon rolled his eyes, "You are such a delight, princess. You know that?"

Him calling me princess still had an effect on me, it made me feel like there was butterflies in my stomach.

I nod, "Of course."

He chuckled as I walked into my house first. I turn around to see Landon still outside.

"Are you that scared you can't come inside?" I raise an eyebrow.

He shakes his head as he stares at the entrance, "I can't come inside, there is a force field stopping me."

"That doesn't—" I begin but my mom cuts me off, "I had just done the spell, it's to keep unwanted people out. It's for our protection."

"He isn't unwanted though." I state as I look back at Landon.

My mom looks behind me to see Landon, "Are you sure?"

I nod, "We talked about this yesterday. Now, let him come in."

She sighs, "Alright."

She closes her eyes then reopens them to appear a raw electric blue color. I gasp at the sight. I had never seen her eyes do that. Could I do that?

She begins to mumble under her breath and then closed her eyes and opened them to be back to her green eyes. "Come in," She motioned to Landon.

He slowly walked towards the entrance and walked inside fully. "Thank you," Landon nodded to my mom which she just smiled back.

She began walking towards the stairs which I stopped her, "What are you doing?"

She turned back to me as she was on the first step, "I am fixing up the guest rooms, I have people coming to stay as I had discussed yesterday."

"Oh." I reply and she continued her walk upstairs.

I turned to Landon as he was now beside me. "Should we go to my room?"

He nods, "Sure,"

I walk into my room and lay on my bed. "Why is life so stressful?"

Landon chuckled and laid beside me, "It's only stressful if you make it princess,"

I roll my eyes jokingly, "Nice logic,"

"I give the best," Landon smirked.

"Anyways, we need a plan. My mom has an allie. Her name is Aurora, her husband is Tristan, I think. And a son, Blake. She is a witch while her husband and son is hunters." I inform him.

He nods, "Did Blake give his powers up?"

I shrug, "I don't know,"