46; Drink Up, Brother

"I knew you would come around sooner or later," Xavier smirked as he sat across from Landon on the couches at his house.

"Maybe," Landon crossed his arms as he sat back, "I have no clue what you are up to."

Xavier stared at him for a moment before speaking, "You will continue to have no clue what I am doing until I can fully trust you."

Landon rose an eyebrow, "You don't trust me?"

"What I am doing has something to do with Vienna and Carter Flame." Xavier narrowed his eyes at Landon, "I know you and Carter have a thing, and I am not going to let you get in the way of what I want."

"And what do you exactly want?" Landon wondered.

 "That is not any of your concern." Xavier scolded.

"Actually, I think it it." Landon began as he sat up, unwrapping his arms from each other. Xavier tilted his head at Landon but motioned for him to continue.

Landon slightly smirked, "I have Carter wrapped around my finger."

Xavier then crossed his arms as he began thinking if Landon was lying. He needed to confuse Landon to see if something would slip out. He couldn't just trust him just like that, just because Landon and him are like brothers, does not mean he would jeopardize what has been offered to him.

Xavier sighed, "Are you sure that you aren't the one wrapped around her finger?"

Landon stared at him for a moment before chuckling, "If I was to tell her that you were not going to hurt her, nor Nathan..She would believe me,"

Xavier sighed, "Why would you switch up on her so quickly?"

"Why would you switch up on Vienna so quickly?" Landon retorted.

Xavier chuckled, "I was offered a really good deal with some people,"

"Made a deal with the devil?" Landon joked.

Xavier shrugged, "Something like that," 

Landon sighed, "I don't know what else I could tell you to make you trust me, what more could you want when Carter would do anything I say?"

Xavier sighed, "If I let you in, you would be working with Nathan and Justin."

Landon looked away from Xavier, what could they possibly be planning? Would that mean Landon could find out why Nathan tried doing all those things during school?

Landon slightly nodded, "Alright."

"Alright?" Xavier rose an eyebrow at Landon, surprised. "You aren't going to question why I am working with Carter's ex, and Nathan who you despise?"

"I didn't feel the need to," Landon began, "I had a feeling you were going to explain it to me."

Xavier studied Landon for a moment, Xavier was stuck between believing him or not trusting him. Which was really tough for him since Xavier did see Landon as a brother. Xavier was the one that turned Landon into the monster he became. Landon had calmed down, before he would drink blood from multiple humans, he still does but he doesn't leave a mess for someone to notice. 

Xavier knew a lot about Landon, he knew how to calm Landon down from when he is on the edge of turning his off button on. Which means he would turn his feelings off, he would go beast mode and would not care about anyone or anything, maybe that would be good for Xavier's boss.

Xavier slightly smirked, coming to a realization. "Alright, Landon. Just know if you betray me, you will regret it."

"Alright," Landon nodded, "I won't"