18; Waste Away

Carter

"I rode with Xavier, so we can take your car?" Landon asks.

I nod, "Sure."

"I'll need to drive to get to the destination." Landon tells me.

I sigh, "Alright, but I swear if you dare put a scratch on this car, your dead." I warn him as I grab my keys from my lanyard in my backpack that I somehow had with me.

I slowly set them into his hand, "Got it?" I narrow my eyes at him jokingly.

He chuckles and swiftly moves his hand away from me. "Don't worry Princess, I won't."

"Your car is the Jeep?" Landon asks. I nod, "Thats my baby."

Landon unlocks the car and I get in the passengers seat as he gets in the drivers seat.

"Nice," Landon states observing my car. "Thanks?" I reply and laugh a bit.

He starts the car and drives out if he parking lot, and onto the road. I turn up the radio and switch it to my aux cord.

I grab the purple cord and plug it up to my phone. "What genre do you like?"

"Anything basically, besides country. I cannot stand country music." Landon replies.

"Alright, do you like pop?" I ask. He nods, "Somewhat."

"Alrighti," I reply and click on Spotify and tap shuffle on my liked playlist.

'You Make Me Feel...' by Cobra Starship comes on.

"Throwback," I say and smile. I glance at Landon to see a smile form on his lips too.

"You know this song?" I ask. He nods, "Who doesn't?"

"True." I reply.

"I need to stop at my place real quick, is that okay?" Landon asks, glancing at me.

"Yeah, that's fine."  I shrug.

We soon pull up into this long driveway, with a black metal gate that looked around 12ft! I look at Landon, "This is your place?" I ask. He nods, "Indeed."

He pulls up to the speaker then rolls down the window, and whispers something into the speaker that I was unable to hear, maybe the code word.

The gate automatically opens and Landon rolls the window back up since my AC was on. He drives towards the long driveway that was smooth. As we get closer, it was a mansion. There was grass on either side of the road. The house was a whitish color with slot of windows. It looked around three stories tall.

We pull into the driveway and Landon hops out and turns to me. "I'll be right back, don't leave okay?"

I nod, "Alrighti."

He couldn't invite me inside? Whatever, I don't care I'll just jam out to my music.

Rockstar by Post Malone comes on and I behind to sing along.

After a couple songs came on, Landon made his way out of the house. He had a bag with him filled with something that I couldn't quite guess. He puts it in the backseat and then gets in the drivers seat.