57; Revealing Mysteries

"Good night, Carter." Jenny smiled at her as Carter began walking upstairs, it was now eleven at night.

"Night mom," Carter muttered as she continued walking up the staircase.

Carter was about to walk into her room but was stopped by Vienna, as she rushed out of her room.

Carter furrowed her eyebrows, "You good?"

Vienna glanced around, "No, we need to talk now."

Carter slowly nodded, not sure why Vienna was so jumpy.

"Come in," Vienna urged.

Carter walked in Vienna's room, Vienna following behind, shutting her door then locking it. Vienna began mumbling things under her breath. Carter watched confused, she didn't recognize the spell.

Vienna swiftly turned around, "It is a spell to keep everyone out of our conversation, no one can hear us nor get in."

Carter rose an eyebrow, "Why?"

"There is a traitor in this house." Vienna clipped, "And it isn't who you expect it to be."

Carter furrowed her eyebrows, "Who is it?"

"It's—" Vienna began but was cut off by a loud thump coming from the roof.

Carter stared at Vienna, the door quickly opened revealing Jenny. "Why did you put a spell on your room?"

Vienna shrugged, "I needed to talk to Carter in privacy, no one needs to listen to our conversation."

Jenny stared at Vienna for a moment, a blank face on. "Alright.."

"Did you hear that noise?" Carter cut into the awkward conversation.

Jenny furrowed her eyebrows, "What noise?"

"It came from the roof," Vienna glanced out of her window.

Jenny shrugged, "Probably a bird,"

Vienna narrowed her eyes at Jenny, Jenny turned around, walking out of her room. "Carter, I expect you to go to sleep soon."

"That was weird." Carter shook her head, turning her attention back to Vienna. "What were you saying?"

Vienna shook her head, "We will talk tomorrow."

Carter nodded slowly, yawning. "Alright, I guess I'm gonna go to sleep then."

Vienna nodded, "Night C,"

"Night V." Carter replied, walking out of Vienna's room to her own room.

Carter walked into her room, a cold breeze hitting her. She noticed her window was wide open, she furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. She never opened it?

Carter walked towards her window and slammed it shut. Carter let out a shaky breath, not realizing she was holding one in.

Carter spun around to be faced to face with the one and only, Landon.

Carter gulped, backing up. "What are you doing here?"

Landon smirked, "Just doing my job." 

Carter narrowed her eyes at Landon, "And what is that exactly?"

Landon tilted his head to the side, "Bringing you back to my Lord."

Carter widened her eyes, "What?"

Did Landon really just call Elijah his lord?

Landon chuckled darkly, his eyes turning to the blood red color. "I do not like repeating myself."