38; safe & sound

Carter

"You two ready?" Braxton asked as he walked into my room. Vienna and I glanced at each other and then nodded. "Yes."

Braxton nods as his smile goes into a thin line, "Follow me."

We follow behind him as we walk downstairs to the basement. Vienna and I share a look as we walk into the basement. "There is another secret entrance." Braxton states as he hits a different area three times as the door begins to break around the edges and open up, silently.

Braxton walks through the other side and glances back at us. "Well, are you coming?"

I slowly walk towards the entrance and step inside. Vienna followed beside me as we walked deeper into whatever this was.

There was cursive writings on the wall, along with fairy lights lighting the way towards the end of the hallway.

We got to the end of it and turned down another hallway to see my mother in a huge room.

I realize what we had to do and widened my eyes, "What is this?!"

Braxton narrowed his eyes at us, "It'll be okay. Trust us."

I turned my attention back to the two huge glass tanks full of water, it looked like water, but it was a darker blue color, there were also white fairy lights in the room. My mother was holding a huge book, it looked very old. "Why are we doing this again?"

"To reveal what ever has been hidden from you two." My mother addressed.

"Will it hurt?" Vienna questioned.

Braxton and my mom looked at each other, "We are not sure."

"We need to begin." Braxton deadpanned.

My mother nodded, "Come on girls,"

"Why do we need to be in water?" I questioned as I narrowed my eyes at her. "I still don't get exactly what we are doing."

"Firstly, its not water. It's an herb, called Brosbervech, it will silence you and numb some of the pain you will feel. I've never had this done to me if we are being honest. You have to be in the liquid because it only works in water with other things. The reason you both need to do this ritual is because Landon, Xavier, and whoever could have compelled you. Whether it was for good or bad. Which is more to be the problem since we don't know for sure. We are just taking percussion."

"Alright, what do we need to do?" Vienna sighed.

"You will be putting on a air breathing mask, it'll be so you can breathe underneath the liquid. Girls, you'll be fine." My mother assured.

I nodded, "I'm ready."

Was I really ready though? My mother didn't know exactly if it caused pain. I don't know how much pain I could possibly take from this.

My thoughts were shortly cut off by Braxton telling us to put the masks on.

Similar to a gas mask but there was a tube connected to the breathing part where oxygen would be released.