60: Control Is Overrated

One Week Later

Braxton was better now, back from the hospital, he decided to stay with Carter and Vienna till they finished school. They were in the process of moving, due to previous events. Aurora and Tristian left three days after the fight. Deciding to leave town due to them losing their son, Blake. Austin, Lorenzo, Ben, and Cody also went back to their homes. Braxton made the devastating calls to the parents of Jaycee & Lacy. Elijah was dead, his ashes swept away during the night, the wind heavy. His army, dead. Nathan, Justin, Xavier, Ace, all dead. Landon was devastated when he found out Tanner died, he saw him as a brother, family. He believed it was his fault that Tanner and Talon had been killed. He only had Luke and Matthew now, besides Carter. 

Vienna and Carter had talked everything out, Vienna decided to put Andrea's power back into the stone and had it be in a bracelet form, the stone broken up into beads. Carter had her power back on her due to the previous events. Carter was still in shock about her families lies, Jenny and her father. She now was an orphan, her parents were dead, both killed by Elijah. She still couldn't believe that they worked for him. Vienna and Carter decided by next week they were going to move to Canada. Landon most likely going to go with them.

"I really did miss you." Landon grabbed onto Carter's hand as he kept the other on the steering wheel.

Carter smiled softly as she looked out the window as raindrops hit the window, relaxing her.

"Your heart sped up when I did that." Landon pointed out as he glanced at her.

"Yeah, it did." Carter replied, knowing there was no point in lying since he could hear it.

Landon smiled as he stopped the car in front of the place.

"Are you serious?" Carter looked at Landon as he chuckled softly. "What? We had fun,"

"It's past eleven, they are closed..?" Carter replied.

Landon rose an eyebrow, "Remember when we came here and I talked to the old man, Lu?"

Carter thought for a moment, "Yeah,"

"He gave me the keys for the night." Landon smirked as he held up the keys.

Carter rolled her eyes, "Remember no fucking in the restrooms."

Landon chuckled, "He told me that again."

"Let's go," Landon continued as he got out of the car. Using his speed he had opened the door before Carter could even put her hand on the door handle.

Carter rolled her eyes playfully, "Thanks, Mr. Super speed."

Landon rolled his eyes as he closed the door back, grabbing a hold of her hand again. "I am glad everything is over."

Carter sighed, "Me too,"

"Why did you work with him?" Carter blurted out as they walked inside of the building, Landon turned the lights on as the fairy lights wrapped around the whole rink turned on.

"It was part of my plan, I didn't want you to be a part of it since you told me to just leave-" Landon began but Carter cut him off, "I was trying to protect you."

"That isn't your job." Landon replied.

Carter shrugged as they walked towards the shelves of roller skating shoes. "Size?" Landon questioned.

"Seven," Carter replied as she took her slides off. Landon held them out to her which she gladly took. The smell of the skating rink finally hitting her, honestly there wasn't a description to fill for the smell.

Landon came around the counter, holding a pair of roller skates in his hand as he sat beside her.

"I'm glad we can hang out again," Landon smiled at Carter as he slid the shoes on.

Carter slowly stood up, holding her hands out to keep her balanced. "Let's go,"

Carter held her hand out for Landon as he grabbed it, making her lose balance and fall towards him. He quickly grabbed ahold of her hips, chuckling.

He stood up, grabbing her hand. The music suddenly came on as Waste Away by Blackbear started playing.

Carter smiled as she glanced at Landon as their skates touched the rink, beginning to skate. "You remembered?"

Landon winked at her, "Of course,"

They began skating around, sometimes doing tricks. Once Carter fell but Landon quickly helped her. Carter tripped Landon once, gaining multiple sorrys in the process.

The song faded out as another song began playing, Landon stopped in front of Carter.

Carter's heart began to beat faster as she looked up at Landon, holding eye contact. "You know Carter, at first I thought you would never forgive me for what I did to you."

Carter bit her lip, "I knew what you had to do, you never had hurt me though."

Landon nodded, smiling. "Yeah, I never wanted to hurt you. I just needed the power."

Carter furrowed her eyebrows, "You needed it?"

Landon furrowed his eyebrows, shaking his head. "Oh, no, not me. Elijah."

Carter nodded slowly, "I'm glad he's gone."

"Me too," Landon replied.

He slowly began to lean in as Carter did too, "I always get what I want Carter," Landon whispered as he pulled Elijah's knife from his pocket, sliding it across Carter's neck, her blood spilling out as she gasped for air. Falling to her knees, the skates hitting the rink hard.

"Landon, what are you doing?!" Carter gasped out as she tried to stop the blood running down her neck.

Landon smirked, "Princess, I go by Elijah."

Carter coughed, blood coming out of her mouth now. She fell down as she took her last breath. Elijah heard her heart slow down and finally stop.

"Landon is dead." Elijah watched Carter's blood continue to spill out, his eyes switched to his natural black color, "And I always come back."

The End