A New Place

-Felicity Smoak

The Queen Mansion was huge. Well- it was a mansion. Luckily, Felicity had been there before and it wasn't unfamiliar. Thank goodness.

"Felicity, can I get your bags?" Asked Diggle, gesturing to the luggage Oliver had quickly packed for her.

"Yes thanks." She answered slowly. She was in the middle of hoping Slade would drop dead so she could go home. It wasn't that she didn't appreciate Oliver's hospitality- it's just that living under the same roof as Oliver Queen was quite scary.

Diggle carried her bags off to some room while Felicity continued to stand awkwardly in the foyer. It was not until she felt a hand on her shoulder that she moved. To be honest, Felicity half expected it to be Slade, and she almost screamed.

"Felicity Smoak." Said a cold, feminine voice. Moira Queen had her hand on Felicity's shoulder and was staring at her with a disapproving look.

"Mrs. Queen, it's a pleasure." Felicity replied evenly, although it was indeed not a pleasure.

"Save it, Mrs. Smoak. Whatever the reason you are staying here, keep away from my children-" Moira began, but was quickly cut off by a furious Oliver.

"Mother, don't you have a meeting to attend to?" He said in a cold tone as he entered the room.

"Of course dear." Moira replied, her voice laced with venom. After Moira left, Felicity found herself much more at ease.

"I'm sorry about her." Oliver said softly, looking slightly embarrassed.

"It's no problem." Felicity lied.

Oliver surprised Felicity by taking her smaller hand in his. "I'll take you to your room."

~

Felicity's new room was beautiful, with radiant colors and patterns. A king sized bed was in the middle of the room and a large tv was mounted on the wall. On the west side, their were French double doors leading out to a balcony.

"I hope this room will be okay?" Oliver asked, with the hint of a smile.

Felicity turned to him, beaming. "I love it Oliver!"

She noticed Diggle had placed her bags at the foot of her new bed.

"I should probably unpack." She said, mostly to herself. Oliver nodded.

"I'll see you at dinner than, Ms. Smoak?" He asked, with an amused look to match his tone.

"It would be my pleasure, Mr. Queen." She replied with a laugh.

~

After Oliver had left and Felicity had unpacked, she decided to rest up for a few minutes before changing for dinner.

She lied down on the soft bed, and instantly felt great-full to be staying with the Queens'- the bed was so soft.

All of a sudden, Felicity heard a noise and her eyes flew open. She gasped.

"Slade."