Taking The Heat

[Chapter 35; Taking The Heat]

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."

― Martin Luther King Jr.

^Felicity is Oliver's light and his love asdfghjkl

FELICITY SMOAK-

Oliver lead Felicity through the crowd of officers towards Diggle, who was waiting by the curb with the car. Felicity stared at the ground as they walked through the facade of people. She could feel the stares of the Starling City Police Force burning holes in her back.

"Almost there." Oliver wrapped his strong arm around Felicity's waist and continued to guide her towards the car. Felicity could feel Oliver's breath on her neck, sending shivers down her spine.

Diggle helped Felicity into the backseat, and Oliver slid in next to her. Felicity silently thanked the man who had came up with the idea of tinted windows.

"Alright," Diggle began as he got into the drivers seat, "what's going on between the two of you? I knew you liked each other- but are you really that serious?" There was an edge to Diggle's voice that made Felicity nervous.

"Can we please not talk about it?" She groaned, her cheeks heating up again.

"Fine." Diggle muttered. What was his issue?

"So, where have you been?" Oliver asked, sounding slightly annoyed.

"With Lila."

"It's been a while." Oliver pointed out, raising his eyebrows slightly.

"We had a lot to talk about." Diggle countered, keeping his eyes on the road as he drove.

"I see." Oliver replied.

"How's Roy?" Diggle asked, getting a sharp look from Oliver.

"Better."

Felicity sighed. "So, what is the news?"

Diggle made a sharp turn onto the road where Felicity lived.

"I'll tell you later. Just get your things." He said, stopping the car in front of Felicity's apartment.

"I'll come." Oliver offered, helping Felicity out of the car.

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" Diggle asked coldly.

"We'll be back I'm five." Felicity promised him, taking Oliver's hand and leading him into the building.

"I need some clothes, my laptop, and my cat." Felicity said, as they walked into her apartment.

"I'm not so sure my mother will be to pleased about the cat." Oliver pointed out, causing Felicity to give him a look.

That cat was like her child.

"Not going to happen." She told him, scooping up her grey tabby.

"Alright, I'll go get your laptop." Oliver said with a slight roll of his eyes.

"Has Mrs. Gibson been taking good care of you?" Felicity cooed to her pet. Mrs. Gibson was her neighbor, and she would care for her cat whenever Felicity was away- which had been quite frequently. Her cat, Phoenix, only purred in response.

Felicity rushed over to her bedroom and grabbed her suitcase from underneath. If she was going to be staying at Oliver's for a while, she would need a lot of clothes. She threw in enough clothes for at least a month, a hairbrush, toothbrush, and cat food for Phoenix.