A Ring Of Broken Promises

Chapter 40; A Ring Of Broken Promises]

FELICITY SMOAK-

After Barry dropped Felicity off, she had to suffer the consequences of being seen with another man. Moira was suspicious- and Thea still seemed to believe that Felicity had something to do with Oliver's injury- and now his disappearance.

"Don't." Felicity dismissed them and rushed to her room. Her cat was sprawled on her bed, and she ran to hug him.

"Are you the only loyal man in my life?" She whispered into the fur of her grey cat. She was confused by the distant manner that Oliver had played. Something wasn't right.

"Felicity, can I come in?" Felicity heard a voice call. They spoke in a clear British accent, so it was probably Walter.

"Yes." She mumbled. Walter walked into her room and sat on the bed.

"I know it's hard, but we will find him." He reassured.

Felicity bit her lip. She hated lying to people.

OLIVER QUEEN-

Oliver's head was pounding. Just waking up from a coma and then heading into combat had taken a toll on his body. At least Isabel was taken care of.

His mind was spinning. What was he going to do about Felicity?

That's when he decided what to do. He would keep the ring a secret from her, but still show affection for her. Though he could never marry her, he loved her, and that was all that mattered.

But Oliver Queen couldn't have commitments.

He couldn't be tied down. Oliver felt his back pocket for the ring but it was gone.

Felicity! If she had the ring, what would he do? What would he say?

Oliver sighed and raced up the stairs to the lair. Once he was outside, he looked around for his motorcycle. It was just where he had left it.

As he swung his leg over it, he noticed his helmet was missing. He cringed- he already had head trauma. Shrugging it off, he sped off into the night. With nothing but a thin white shirt, he shivered as the cold wind blasted him in the face.

With the speed he was going, Oliver began to feel a little dizzy.

You're almost there, come on. Oliver heard Felicity's voice in his head, encouraging him.

As he turned around the last turn, he saw Roy pulling up the driveway to the Queen mansion. Oliver parke this bike behind the tool shed and ran through the darkness. As the front door opened, Thea rushed out to throw her arms around Roy.

Oliver shook his head. He was glad that Roy was able to be there for his little sister.

Now it was time to find Felicity. Oliver circled around the mansion until he found Felicity's room. The light was still on, but her room was on the second floor.

Taking out his phone, Oliver dialed her number.

"Hello? Oliver?" Felicity sounded surprised.

"I need you to let me in the back. Make sure the coast is clear." Oliver instructed her.

After a long pause, Felicity answered. "Alright, I'm on my way."

While Oliver waited, he ran a hand through his wind blown hair and straightened the hem of his thin white shirt.

Ten minutes later, the door creaked open, revealing Felicity. She wore a grey oversized T-shirt and dark shorts. Her glasses were absent from her face, and her long hair almost fell to her waste.

"Come on." She motioned him in. The two of them raced down the hallways until they reached the stairs. Thea and Roy were walking downstairs.

Oliver yanked Felicity into the supply closet. They were pressed together at an awkward angle.

"Hi..." Felicity mumbled.

Oliver put a finger to her lips to silence her. When he was sure the coast was clear, they both sprinted up the stairs.

As soon as they were in Felicity's room, Oliver looked around for the ring. It didn't take him long to spot it. It lay on Felicity's nightstand.

"Felicity, I want you to know how much I care for you. But-" Oliver began to explain himself but Felicity shook her head.

"No. Oliver. Stop. Don't push me away. I understand how you feel, but now we're in this together. You can do this- we can do this." Felicity looked Oliver in the eyes. Blue met blue, and Oliver felt overwhelmed with emotion.

"It's for the best, Felicity." He told her slowly.

"You think it's best, but it is not what's best. How would you feel if I did this to you?" Felicity questioned.

Oliver knew what he would do. He would plead with her to stay.

Oliver knew that he shouldn't, but he pulled Felicity into a kiss.

Sorry about the wait! Wattpad wouldn't let me publish anything and kept deleting my writing! Because of this, the next chapter is your "detailed scene" that has been requested. I'll edit it, and it should be up in a few minutes. Thanks for your patience ily all xD

IN OTHER NEWS OMG THAT OLICITY KISS IN THE SEASON 3 TRAILER THING ASDFGHJKL *evil laughter*

I'm not even going to think about either one of them pulling away because I refuse to think that way. Refuse. To. Think. Like. That.