Chapter three: The start of a Kalos journey!

The doors of Professor Sycamore's lab opened up, the two girls came through and saw that the lab was torn up.

"Oh dear.. what happened here?" Sierra asked.

"It must've been the incident with Garchomp a few days ago.. it's left a big mess here in the lab.." then Serena called out. "Hello? Is Professor Sycamore around?"

A man in a lab coat was watching them from the top of the stairs. He smiled. "That's me, I'm up here."

They looked up and saw him.

"Oh! Hello there, my name's Serena!
And this is my friend Sierra."

"Hi there, nice to meet you!" She smiled.

"The pleasure is all mine. I'll bet you two are here to become Pokemon trainers!" He said as he came down the stairs.

"Uh huh! W-well, just me. Also.. Professor.." Serena began.

"Hm?" Sierra looked at her.

"We saw this trainer on the news, the report was all about how he had saved a Garchomp."

"Oh, you must mean Ash!"

Serena beamed up happily, recognizing the name. "Ash! I knew it!" She thought.

"A-ash?" Sierra said quietly,
staring at the floor.

"I'm afraid that he already left, he said that he was going to challenge the Santalune gym."

"Santalune gym.."

Sierra spoke up. "Santalune city isn't that far from here, we could probably make it there by tomorrow afternoon."

"Great!" She said, turning to her friend, then turned back to the Professor. "Professor, may we choose our Pokemon?"

He smiled at them. "Of course! And do you have any idea which Pokemon you're choosing?"

"Yep!"

"We sure do!"

*nod* "Alright, everybody out!"

The three Kalos starter Pokemon, Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie ran over to the girls, happily jumping around and chirping at each other.

"These are the Kalos Pokemon that new trainers may choose from. Fennekin, Chespin, and Froakie. Which one will you choose as your partner?"

"Aahh!" Serena squealed in delight.
"They're all so adorable!

"Before you make your decision.."
He handed them both Pokedexes.
"These are your pokedexes. I'm sure you know about these devices. I'm surprised you two are starting out as trainers at such an age!"

They each took one.

"Wow.. Professor, thank you so much!"
Sierra said excitedly, holding the device.

"Yes, professor, thank you!"

"You're welcome! Now.. you two go ahead and pick your partners!"

"Awww they're all so cute.. but, I've made up my mind." Serena said with confidence. She turned to Fennekin. She kneeled down to Fennekin's level. "Hi there Fennekin, I pick you! I'm Serena!"

The fox Pokemon looked up at her with curiosity then chirped happily. Serena picked her up and hugged her. "I know we'll be great friends!"

"Fenne fennekin!"

The professor turned to Sierra. "And how about you, Sierra? Will it be Chespin?"

"Pin pin!"

"Or Froakie?"